View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:52 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 26  Next
 WHO ARE YOU? 
Poult

I've been a member for awhile but probably missed the proper protocol for the introduction. ( sorry)

I live in Central Pa. and been hunting turkeys since 1970. I've enjoyed reasonable success and 'been blessed to be fortunate enough to "travel" some to hunt. Va. is one of my favorite spots, great country and good folks. Most of my hunts have been on the western side of the State.
I hope to contribute a little, from time to time.

Mossy Beard

Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:54 am
Name is mike. 40 years old. I am from West Virginia. Moved to Frederick Co. VA in 2005. I have hunted in VA since 1999.
Been hunting since I was 9. Married no children.

Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:29 am
Poult

my names Trevor im 15 live in Franklin County, VA and i think im the newest member of the forum my dad has been taking me hunting ever since i was able to walk on my own he's taught me alot about hunting, the land, God, being a good man, and always show respect to everyone i am an avid turkey hunter and thank god every spring and fall for my chance to hunt and spend time in his great outdoors i've taken my fair share of game since the hunting bug bit me and im always up for telling my hunting stories and taking advice from wiser hunters and im hopeing god will grant me a career doing what i love

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for believers in speech, life, love, faith and purity- 1 Tim 4:12

Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:24 pm
Poult

hows it goin fellas? my names adam, i live in hampton va. this will be my third spring season, second one in va. the one thing i know about turkey huntin is im not good at it. i got my first one with a bow in the fall in arkansas and it was nothing more than luck. im in the military so ive only been in va for about a year and a half. i love this state, and the awesome waterfowlin and fishin' opportunities.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:41 pm
Jake

Post Bonegobblin
Marshall Wood, Bonegobblin on Vaturkey. Been here many years now and usually post a time a two every season. A VA resident of 34 years, I left 3 years ago and now live in NY but still get back for one week every spring to do what is easily my biggest hobby(obsession).

if anyone looking to swap hunts in spring, email me at bmarshallwood@gmail.com

best
Marshall

Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:47 pm
Poult

I'm Steve Verwiel, I'm new to the website. I'm from Wisconsin and will be attending the FBI Academy (work related school; local county sheriff's office detective captain) for several weeks , which will be coinciding with your turkey season. I am an avid turkey hunter and will be pursuing this (and a little trout fishing) on my weekends off. I've been to VA in recent years and find the state to be a beautiful place. I am also impressed with the civility among the website users. We have a similar website in WI and there's a lot of bickering taking place. It's a fine thing to see the good nature of sportsman.
I'll be hunting in WMA's and heading into GWNF to places I've been looking at on Google Earth, mostly north of Lake Moomaw. Any suggestions would be appreciated... I'll only be here once. You can private message me at sverwiel@hotmail.com

Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:52 am
Poult

My name is Richard Okimoto. I'm 33 years old, married for 8 years and to my lovely wife, and we have five great kids. I'm a Christian and serve as a deacon at my church. I work in the science lab at the local community college.

I've never been hunting before... for turkey or anything else. I decided last fall that it was something I wanted to get into, with my first goal being shooting the turkey we have for Thanksgiving Dinner this year. I just bought my first gun last week (Remington 870 Express Super Mag w/ 26" barrel) and am presently doing the alternative delivery hunter education course so that I can get my first ever hunting license. A friend of mine is talking about building a shooting range on his property, which I'm excited about so I can get the feel of my gun (I still haven't shot it yet!).

Doing some googling I stumbled upon vaturkey.com, and thought I could learn a thing or two from more experienced sportsman here. And maybe get some tips on where I might be able to hunt some turkeys in the area.

Looking forward to getting to know you all, and expanding my knowledge and experience.

Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:50 am
Profile WWW
Poult

Post newby to spring turkeys
well im corey pohlman. im almost 19 in may. i work at a local dealership being a autobody helper. i always wanted to go hunting when i was younger but never got a chance until i was 15. my grandfather always wanted to take me but shorterly after i got my hunters education class out of the way in February, he passed in April due to cancer. so i was on the quest to find some1 willing to take me. And god led me to my friend mr. keith from church. Naturally i hand out with with older people. I shot my 1st turkey(hen) in the fall with my remington 270 at 65 yrds. yes a lucky shot. anyways im ready to give spring gobbler hunting a try. when im not working or in college, you can usually find me in the cumberland/fluvanna area. I love it up there.

Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:05 am
Poult

Chris Lindsay from Churchville Va. Augusta county. I've been hunting for as as long as I could walk. I am 23 I work at JMU in athletics and I killed my first turkey when I was in high school. Just started hunting turkeys in the spring and called up my first gobbler yesterday but he hung up and couldn't get a shot. I love it.

Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:46 am
Poult

I am originally from Central PA. I moved to VA in 2006. I live in Warren County. I hunt deer and turkey. (mostly deer) I am looking to network with other local hunters here.

Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:13 pm
Jake

Hello there !! My name is Bryan and I live down in North Carolina.Just started turkey hunting a have not had a lot of success as of yet.Been duck and goose hunting for about 20 yrs and that is my first love.Haven't hunted deer in 17 yrs though.Probably won't ever deer hunt again.Just didn't charge me up anymore.Look forward to talking to all of the fine folks on here!!!!!

Last edited by Mallard Cutter on Sat May 02, 2009 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:13 am
Poult

My Name is Chris and I live in Greene County VA (Central). I've been a big hunter most of my life. Especially during the Spring gobbler season. Central VA is a tough place to hunt Turkeys these days. The population just isn't what it used to be. Not sure why. My Wife's family is originally from Halifax county where the Turkey population is fantastic. I need to make a trip soon. I've been lucky the past couple years. Thank God!!! I went through a spell for a while. Last year I shot a nice long beard on the last day of the season in Albemarle County. 11" beard 3/4" spurs. This season started off really slow. I finally managed to get into a nice Gobbler last Saturday. I worked him for about 1/2hr. I didn't have time to place a decoy down so eventually he lost interest. I just let him be so I could go after him this Friday. I hope all is well with everyone else. Glad to be part of the forum. Good luck![/img]

Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:20 am
King of Spring

I'm Perry and I'm 34. I'm from the Shenandoah Valley and I'm a firefighter (yes that's my real job). I've been turkey hunting since I was around 9 or 10. My dad got me hooked. Haven't had much luck hunting though, as I've only killed a jake back in 1997. I know where they are, heard where they are but can never seem to get our schedules together to make it happen. That's hunting. I've started to take my 9 year old son more. The first time I took him, he was 6 years old. He loves it and enjoys just being in the woods. I can't wait until my 2 year old is old enough to go! Good to see everyone on here sharing their stories.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:39 pm
Poult

Hi, my name is Stephen Jessup I live in Chester,Va. I work for Fort Lee Fire Dept. I'm married to a wonderful woman who understands my hunting addiction and have a three year old son and another baby that should be here in October Lord willing. I have been hunting ever since I was sixteen. I mostly hunt in Prince George county, Dinwiddie county, and just recently started hunting with a friend in Isle of wight. I am new to this site and love reading and seeing picture :D s of some nice birds and amazing hunts good or bad.

Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:19 pm
2 Year Old

Hi my name is Adam. I live in Colonial Heights, VA but hunt in Chesterfield County. I'm married to my wife Lauren and we have 2 dogs and 2 cats. I've been hunting for 20 years, mostly deer and western game. Spring of 2009 was my first year spring gobbler hunting and I am now addicted like everyone else here :D .

Sun May 17, 2009 9:56 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 26  Next