View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 5:25 am

A pretty cool morning... 
Boss Gobbler

Post A pretty cool morning...
After my disastrous bow season I was presented with an opportunity at this decent 7 pointer this morning...

Turkeys are my friends... they started flying down below me and I believe that's what pushed the doe up the hill to me. She was followed/pushed by the buck and I had to make a split second decision on whether to shoot or not. I guess you know what decision I made.

I headed back to the house to get help in the form of Amy and Abby. Abby's growing up in the outdoors and loves every minute of it. She had a blast and even "helped" me track the deer, finally spotting him lying in the leaves and pronouncing to everything "De-De-De!" (De = Deer) Thanks to Mom and Abby for their help!

While gutting this deer another bigger 8 pointer walked up to 15 yards... hopefully he'll make a return appearance!

Not a huge deer by any means but a great hunt and a great after shot experience. The photos are some of my favorites with the sun and fall leaves in the background... my hunting partner is pretty cute too!

Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:17 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Congrads Freddy!! Godd looking pictures all except the person in camo.(Ha Ha )

Doug

Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:59 pm
King of Spring

Awesome Freddy! Those pictures are great and Abby is growing more beautiful by the day! Congrats on a fine hunt!

Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:10 pm
King of Spring

Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:45 pm
Boss Gobbler

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:23 pm
Profile WWW
Boss Gobbler

Freddy you keep taking pics like the the boys will be beating down the door, not only to see your pretty girl, but to hunt with Daddy..LOL
They grow up fast. Abby needs some camo PJ's.

Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:27 am
Longbeard

great pix Freddy! and the deer was nice too!! =)

Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:59 pm
Profile YIM
King of Spring

Congrats.. way to get things started.. I'm sure you will be posting a big boy up here soon..

Abby looks great..

It's funny the words that little ones have for things.. my 27 month old Luke calls a Turkey a "OOO WHOO" because he hears me Owl hooting all the time when I am watching Turkey videos or the outdoor channel or reading a turkey mag .. so he associates that when he sees one..

Take me Home Country Roads.

Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:36 pm
Longbeard

Congrats Freddy!!! The pics are awesome!!!

Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:53 pm
King of Spring

Boy, are you going to have your hands full when Abby gets older!

Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:42 am
Profile YIM
King of Spring

That baby is so precious :!: I'm still glad she looks like her mother :!: :lol: That is a nice looking deer also :!:

"Turkey hunting, when you knock all the feathers off it, is a game of infinite variables, played on a field of unlimited dimension, against an opponent who doesn't know the rules and wouldn't play by them if he did." ...Jim Spencer

Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:14 pm
Freddy, Didnt you learn anything at the Bedford Outdoor Sportsman Show? Let em go and let em grow.......... but like grampa always said, you cant eat those horns......congrats

Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:22 pm
Longbeard

Freddy that is a beautiful picture. May be the best I have seen thanks for sharing!!!!Oh yeah congrats on a nice buck.

Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:39 pm