View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:35 pm

New 20 Ga. Load Custom Made by STRIKER1300 
King of Spring

Post New 20 Ga. Load Custom Made by STRIKER1300

After 2 months of Research & Development Brian has came up with an awesome 20 load that I named " THE CREAMATOR"

This load should flat out hammer Mr. Tom ! That's a 10" circle !

Well Done Brian ! :smt023

Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:22 pm
Longbeard

Post Re: New 20 Ga. Load Custom Made by STRIKER1300
If only I had friends in Va that loaded TSS, knew were there were secluded trout steams with monster trout, and had turkeys in their back yard that they would let me hunt, I would be happy. Good job guys.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:48 pm
King of Spring

Beard Collecter wrote:
If only I had friends in Va that loaded TSS, knew were there were secluded trout steams with monster trout, and had turkeys in their back yard that they would let me hunt, I would be happy. Good job guys.

AND THIS IS Y I DONT LIKE TO POST HERE ANYMORE !!!!! WE HUNT HARD AND FISH HARD HERE IN VA. AND HAVE FUN DOING IT.

DONT PUT UP ANY MORE POST ON HERE RICK ABOUT HUNTN, FISHING, OR MY AMMO.

NEVER, NEVER !!!! I HATE POST LIKE THIS AND PUTN IT UP 4X IS BEING A xxxxxx.

Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:18 am
King of Spring

You're right Brian ! This will be my last post ! We just aint in the CLICK with these folks ! :smt006

Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:33 am
Longbeard

For the record, my reply to Striker 1300 post was not meant to be insulting, judgmental or condescending. There are many on here who have had some great days and bad days in the woods and on the waters this year and shared with us all including Gobblin2 and Striker1300. My response to those posts has always been on a positive note and respectful with friendly ribbing thrown in occasionally. We have all had our blessings this year, including hunting/fishing with friends and family, building a good turkey gun, turkey load, invites from friends with gobbling turkeys in their back yard..... From what I can tell all of these rewards have been well earned and deserved, including Striker1300 and Gobblin2 accomplishments and I am always happy for the fellow outdoorsman who is successful in the field or at the loading bench... I am not interested in stealing or receiving anyones turkeyload data, fishing or hunting spots and am not envious of others. I have my own that serve me well. If it was taken this way, it was in error,and I appoligize for the misunderstanding. I suppose this is a modern issue that stems from corresponding with people you don't know via e-mail, facebook, and forums like these were the person you are talking to can not see facial expressions, tones of voice and the personality of the person they are corresponding with. Maybe there has been some conflict in the past between these gentleman and other members that I was unaware of???? At an rate, best wishes to you all, keep in touch!!

Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:09 am
Boss Gobbler

I think some people need their TIC (tongue-in-cheek) meter calibration adjusted... :D

Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:25 am
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Freddy wrote:
I think some people need their TIC (tongue-in-cheek) meter calibration adjusted... :D

Agreed .. I didn't take it the way Brian did at all .. I thought BC was just making a Funny .. and the 4 post thing was probably his browser messing up, mine does that once in a while and I just go back and remove the duplicates..

I enjoy your post Brian.. I hope you continue to do so..

I just wish I had the time and expertise to load TSS myself and yes I may be a little jealous of those who do or have a friend willing to load it for them, but it is what it is.. and maybe someday when my job and family isn't so demanding I will learn to reload.. I am afraid I might blow something up if I tried to do it now though without the proper research and tools.. for now I just pay the extra Money for Nitros and they kill just fine for the distance I want to shoot..

As a side note I will probably go away from Nitros and either go to Straight 7 hevi Federals or go to LBXR when I run out of the Nitros for my 12 gauge.. I am already on the 7 federals for my 20 gauge and carry it most of the time now anyway..

Take me Home Country Roads.

Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:10 am
King of Spring

Freddy wrote:

I got to calibrate mine every day. :D

Agree with WVBOY, my browser does it once in a while and if I do not pay attention it would post a couple of times before I delete one.

Thats why I do not Facebook, tweeter, email, text or anything that much because things said, can be taken out of context. You guys are my only tie to open speech through technology.

But getting back to the pattern, that is a group of stingers at 40 yards. I would like to see it at 15 yards. I notice the POA/POI is off, but could that be adjusted with the charge and amount of shot if one does not have adjustable sights? My question is what pressure are those loads and is it considered a heavy or magnum load? Does one need a special barrel lining for the TSS shot?

Just uneducated questions since I will never be in the TSS loads or modern guns, but when brought up in conversation at least I could somewhat communicate sensibly. Thanks.

Earl

Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:51 am
King of Spring

Greyghost wrote:
Freddy wrote:

I got to calibrate mine every day. :D

Agree with WVBOY, my browser does it once in a while and if I do not pay attention it would post a couple of times before I delete one.

Thats why I do not Facebook, tweeter, email, text or anything that much because things said, can be taken out of context. You guys are my only tie to open speech through technology.

But getting back to the pattern, that is a group of stingers at 40 yards. I would like to see it at 15 yards. I notice the POA/POI is off, but could that be adjusted with the charge and amount of shot if one does not have adjustable sights? My question is what pressure are those loads and is it considered a heavy or magnum load? Does one need a special barrel lining for the TSS shot?

Just uneducated questions since I will never be in the TSS loads or modern guns, but when brought up in conversation at least I could somewhat communicate sensibly. Thanks.

Earl

POA/POI is dead center ! The orange dot is the gobblers waddles ! :lol: :smt023

Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:01 pm
Boss Gobbler

OK Guys time for me to chime in, not sure what was really meant by the post if anything, but sometimes an email or text can be read wrong. Brian, I hope that the next post explains what was meant. I do enjoy your posts and hope that we are all big enough boys to not take shots at each other. We are a dwindling crowd and need to stick together...my 2 cents so yes everyone think before you post. I too do not facebook, this is my facebook...LOL

By the way heck of a load and I like reading that. I wish I had the time to fool with that stuff more, but since I DONT I like that you do and keep us posted 8)

Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:27 pm
King of Spring

WOW is all I can say! I do believe it was just a ribbing in good fun, did not appear to be any harm intended in the comment.

Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:12 pm
King of Spring

With that pattern I would have to set my dekes out about 15-20 yards more than I do now.

Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:30 pm
King of Spring

Freddy wrote:

OK Got my TIC meter calibrated ! Everythings good ! Hope everyone had a great turkey season ! I know I did ! :smt023

Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:56 pm
King of Spring

Greyghost wrote:
But getting back to the pattern, that is a group of stingers at 40 yards. I would like to see it at 15 yards.

Never bothered with 15 yds, but here are some 10", 20 yds TSS 20 ga patterns. No tighter than anything else close in, and that pattern will still have a denser more viable pattern margin outside the 10" than most any other 20 gauge load out there at 40.

Greyghost wrote:
My question is what pressure are those loads and is it considered a heavy or magnum load?

Not sure what the above is, but most folks are shooting 1-5/8 oz at 10722 psi.

Greyghost wrote:
Does one need a special barrel lining for the TSS shot?

No. Any barrel that you don't mind shooting steel, hevishot or heavyweight through, is fine for TSS.

Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:31 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

barry wrote:
With that pattern I would have to set my dekes out about 15-20 yards more than I do now.

No, that's not likely. There's a good chance your close in viable pattern will be wider with the TSS loads, depending on the choke you're using now.

Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:32 pm
Profile WWW