View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 4:17 pm

Turkey Vests 
King of Spring

Post Turkey Vests
Mine is 5 years old now and getting pretty ragged.. crossed too many fences I guess..

I just got the Red Head Spring catalog last week.. and I'm salivating over the vest on the last page in the book.. either the Buck Lick or the more expensive Red Head one with the upper back support and the water bladder holder thing..

Anybody have any opinions on these or others??

Take me Home Country Roads.

Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:14 pm
Co-Owner/Dog Feeder

go light my boy, go light...get tow seat cushions you can tie to your belt in the back , some kind of old ladies camo-purse -looking sack like- thing to hold a box, a slate, water bottle soem food snacks, camera , and whatevr elese won't fit in a shirt pocket, plus a few shells...you'll be comfy all day and less tired and more flexibleabout leaning around hat tree to lay him down at a bad angle...

Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:21 pm
King of Spring

Before you buy, make sure to check out the Mossy Oak Elite II 20-pocket vest. They tend to run on the small side so I went with a 3X, that cost me $79.95 plus tax. BUT!!! I just got the Cabela's Master Spring Catalog in the mail the other day and they have this very vest on sale for only $39.95......that's 50% off on what I feel is one of the best vests on the market today. Check on page 355 in that catalog. The Elite II is the upgraded version which is much better than the regular version that was out last year!! :wink:

Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:33 pm
King of Spring

i found a very small belt pack that will hold 1 box, 1 slate, 1 glass, 3 strikers, clippers, crow call and a "platypus" collapsible water bottle (bladder). i can clip a light weight cushion to this rig.

talk about light and a lot less hassle than the vest...i'm really looking forward to field testing this rig.

just 2 more cents

"A man who insists on adherence to the facts when it comes to his hunting exploits, size of fish...abilities of his bird dog...is an untrustworthy fellow. A fine sporting liar is a gentleman & someone whose acquaintance should be cherished" R. Ruark.

Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:53 pm
King of Spring

Make sure of what you are getting with the Mossy Oak Elite II. When I was going to buy my Mossy Oak vest before last season, I noticed one of the two (Bass Pro and Cabelas) was cheaper. I studied the add then called. One or the other (I forget which) sold the vest without the zip on zip off cushion. Just make sure you are comparing at apples to apples.

"Turkey hunting, when you knock all the feathers off it, is a game of infinite variables, played on a field of unlimited dimension, against an opponent who doesn't know the rules and wouldn't play by them if he did." ...Jim Spencer

Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:23 pm
Before you buy, make sure to check out the Mossy Oak Elite II 20-pocket vest. They tend to run on the small side so I went with a 3X, that cost me $79.95 plus tax. BUT!!! I just got the Cabela's Master Spring Catalog in the mail the other day and they have this very vest on sale for only $39.95......that's 50% off on what I feel is one of the best vests on the market today. Check on page 355 in that catalog. The Elite II is the upgraded version which is much better than the regular version that was out last year!! :wink:

I just called Cabelas because I was very interested in a new vest too. The one for 79.00 (item # IE 932114) DOES have inside pockets. The one for 39.00 (Item IF932498) DOES NOT have inside pockets. Both are labeled as Mossy Oak Super Elite II Vest .

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/common/search/search-results1.jhtml?hasJS=true&_D%3AhasJS=+&QueryText=mossy+oak+elite&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jhtml.22&Go.x=29&Go.y=5&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=mossy+oak+elite&noImage=0

Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:12 pm
King of Spring

I'm looking for one with the back support .. like the Bucklick or I saw one on Cabelas that had the stadium seat.. something you can sit for an hour or two if need be without having to find that big Oak tree for back support..

Looking at a couple right now..

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... lts1.jhtml

or

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog. ... rchResults

Does anybody own one like this??

Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:47 pm
King of Spring

Hey Diablo--Kitchen sinks don't fit in belt paks....LOL

Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:21 pm
King of Spring

WVB - i had a bucklick for a while - like it a lot

Rhino...i'm gonna miss that kitchen sink 8)

"A man who insists on adherence to the facts when it comes to his hunting exploits, size of fish...abilities of his bird dog...is an untrustworthy fellow. A fine sporting liar is a gentleman & someone whose acquaintance should be cherished" R. Ruark.

Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:40 pm
2 Year Old

I HAVE THE MOSSY OAK SUPER ELITE II, IT IT ABOUT THE PERFECT VEST

Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:25 pm
Longbeard

Post Go strapless
I have one, can't remember the brand, but It has the straps for the shoulders. The darn things will not stay up on my shoulders.

The next one I buy will have full shoulders in them as its very annoying.

Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:04 am
Longbeard

i have two vest one is an super elite and the other is a lounger would not recommed the lounger is works good on flat ground but is you have any kind of hill or anything it sits akward really nice on flat land but that it .

Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:53 pm
King of Spring

Thanks for all the info guys.. I'm still not sure what I'm going to buy yet..

Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:54 am
Jake

WVBoy, i have a Bucklickcreek vest and absolutely love it! It has many great features and the built in seat is a real plus. You can litterally sit any where you want with great confort from the back support. I ordered mine from Bass Pro.

Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:53 pm