View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:43 pm

B-Square mount help?? 
King of Spring

Post B-Square mount help??
I know a couple of you have the b square mount. I have a remington 870 express super mag, and I'm having trouble figuring out how to get the trigger pins out! I though they just came out, what series of things do I need to do to get this thing mounted without messin up my gun!?? Any advice!!

Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:56 pm
King of Spring

Post Re: B-Square mount help??
Yea mean to whole trigger assembly?? All I do know knock/drive the two pins out the side with a 1/8" drift punch. Each as a small spring clip that holds the trigger assembly in when the pins are inserted. Ya should be able to knock the pins out and simply slip the saddle mount right over the top,then re-insert the pins....

Enjoy the journey & share you passion, take a Kid hunting!

Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:34 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

The instructions just say to tap out the trigger pins, not the whole assembly? And I'm not quite sure what a 1/8th drift punch is! Lol! Sorry, I'm not very good with tools or descriptions of tools! Lol! From what I understand, all I have to do is somehow tap out the trigger pins.... but I do not want to break somethin....

Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:55 pm
Boss Gobbler

Take a small punch or even a screwdriver smaller than the pins....tap the pins easy and they will come right out.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:52 am
King of Spring

Thanks guys will give it a shot this evenin!

Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:27 am
King of Spring

Don't be too afraid to give them a good tap, as I said, they are held in by a pair of sping clips so once you "GET' then started where will easly slip out. As you said, you do not need to take the whole assemble out,simply slide to mount over the reciever and slip the pins in...again, will take a little tap to get em started(that clip again) but when started,they'll go right in! It's all steel so don't be too afraid you'll break something :D

Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:46 pm
Profile WWW
Co-Owner/Dog Feeder

l think you use two new trigger pins to replace the two that came with the 870 originally. they are longer than the original pins to accomodate the b square mount, as fas as the knock out process you can use a nail as the punch out device as well, and also use it to reseat the new pins once they are partillly inserted, as you have to tap them back in place....be sure you save the old pins in case yu take the b square off. do not monkey around with the trigger housing between the time you have knocked out the old pins and before you replace the new pins as it can be tricky to reseat all of that if you have never compeltely disassembled the gun before

"even after almost a half-century of hunting of the noblest game bird I am going to confess that I am still in the kindergarten; and I doubt if any human being ever acquires a complete education in this high art."
- Archibald Rutledge

Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:28 pm
King of Spring

thanks guys,
got it on! now i'm just waiting on some scope sales to kick in, more or less shipping deals! lol!

i've got TONS of cardboard just waiting to be shot up!

Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:53 am
King of Spring

Good deal...glad it went well :smt002

Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:22 am
Profile WWW
Co-Owner/Dog Feeder

what type brand scope are you seeking?

"even after almost a half-century of hunting of the noblest game bird I am going to confess that I am still in the kindergarten; and I doubt if any human being ever acquires a complete education in this high art."
- Archibald Rutledge

Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:24 pm
King of Spring

I really really want one of the nikon pro with the turkey reticle, or the very least I Leupold or buschnell shotgun scope! The only problem is, I have no money! Lol! My wife and I are kind of in a holding pattern with big spenditures due to waiting on our adoption process for that one special phone call that we have been picked to have a baby! So with no "big" money being able to spend, I am going with a red dot. I know I know, you haven't had the greatest of success with red dots and I'm fully aware of the cons, I have been reading review after review for months now. I am going to go with tru glo gobble stopper, I think! Until I can get some money to buy a great scope this will have to do! I do like the fact that my bsquare mount allows for me to use my bead sights should I have an issue with my red dot....

Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:45 pm