View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 11:47 am

Finally broke the ice... 
2 Year Old

Post Re: Finally broke the ice...
Freddy you were right!!! 3 days 3 birds! Tagged out in ky yesterday and got
My fest va bird this morning! What a show he gave me this morning!

10 inch beard inch spurs

Fri May 03, 2013 11:47 am
King of Spring

Holy Moly, send me that horsehsoe quick! Nice job

Fri May 03, 2013 12:49 pm
2 Year Old

Love the stump and the Mayapple background. You are on fire for sure...congrats!

Fri May 03, 2013 1:44 pm
2 Year Old

Thanks fellas! I would have really been on a roll if the guy I took would have got the bird we was hunting Saturday. I called him and told him that another friend of mine had been hearing some gobblers raising hell in all directions of his own house. We're good friends and he works out of town for months at a time. The hunting is great around his house and I really wanted to get him one since he had no time to hunt. I stayed at his house and got a lot of sleep because we didn't have to walk any where to be at a certain spot at daylight to listen. All we had to do is tie our boots and walk out on his porch. He was around on the back and I stood on the front to listen. There was a gobbler in front of his house really talking. We only had to walk about 500 yards from his house to be right on top of the gobbler. I accidentally got to close. We was set up prob 80 yards from the bird. All he had to do was fly down and he would have basically been in range. I gave him two real soft tree yelp to let him know I was there and he cut me off. He was by himself and really lonely and I really think he wouldn't have gave us much trouble to kill him. About the time I was thinking ok it's time to fly down I heard something running right at us that sounded like a bear running through the woods. It was his 130 lb Rottweiler Ace. His wife let him out of the house to use the bathroom and he hit our track and ran right to us. The gobbler never gobbled again. Should have been the death of 4 gobblers in 4 days. But hey you gotta leave some seed.

Last edited by Spit n Drum on Mon May 06, 2013 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 06, 2013 1:31 pm
King of Spring

I have had that happen to me back in the day.. my mom let my Norwegian out and she came almost 2 miles to find me working a gobbler :)

Take me Home Country Roads.

Mon May 06, 2013 2:21 pm