View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Gun Control 
King of Spring

Post Gun Control
Didn't know where to put this and if you all find it offensive then please just pull it Moderators.

Here in MD we are gearing up for a fight. The governor wants to implement very strick gun control on its citizens. He pretty much wants all who own semi-auto firearms to be registered and finger printed. He also wants to ban the sale of most semi-auto firearms in the state. I personally have a problem with this.

I am well aware that some horrific acts have been done with guns and suppose more will be done in the future even with all the bans being discussed. You can't legislate crazy.

Anyway, the next few weeks are going to be interesting to say the least. Just wondering where this community stands on this issue. I believe in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. I do believe the Lord grants us rights captured by our forefathers for us to live by. I also think that Government can overstep its bounds and needs We the People to keep an eye on them.

Don't want to start a feud just want to know how others feel about this.

Regards,
Vince

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!
-Pericles (430 B.C.)

Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:14 am
Boss Gobbler

Post Re: Gun Control
I'm with you. I have contacted all my elected representatives, sadly only one answered me back and his answer was wrong. I believe we have to take a stand or we will loose them all. I know hunters who are gladly letting the ARs go away however the bolt actions and pump actions will be next.

They will never stop until they are all gone.

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:37 am
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Good to see a lot of major vendors and celebrities are or have canceled out of the Big Harrisburg Sportsmen Show in Harrisburg, PA when the sponsor of the show said that no semi auto or military style weapons would be allowed (I guess because of demonstrators) that folks said they would not support it so the started backing out. I am still trying to find out more detail so if anyone knows please keep us posted.

Just found out the show has been postponed and that it was a British backed organizer.

Earl

Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:38 pm
2 Year Old

I've been writing my legislators as well - no answers thus far. Although I think the black guns are ugly - the anti's will be chipping away at are rights until all we have to pass to our grandkids are stories of how it was back in "the day." I just view it as protecting my right as a citizen to have the rights to choose if I want to own a gun, how many and which kinds.

I got this link from another post - great article.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/frankminite ... t-america/

Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:16 pm
King of Spring

I too have sent emails to all but have received more than a dozen responses from the legislature. Most have been positive.

I am also taking a day off to testify at a hearing in Annapolis. I feel compelled to do so. I am still debating on what to say. I would like to ask questions of the panel but understand the flow is the opposite. I have seen tons of stats and they all show that gun control doesn't work but many don't care about facts. I think an appeal on a more emotional basis may work better since they are operating from an emotional center.

Any advice would be great!

Is VA planning any more laws?
Vince

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!
-Pericles (430 B.C.)

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:26 am
King of Spring

You can check current status of all new weapons bills here.

http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?131+sbj+068

Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:51 am
King of Spring

Holly Cow BD! Is it normal to have that many? I know about half is H and the other S, but I didn't think VA would have that many.

I do still find it funny that they think having a Gun Free Zone is the answer. I am sure holding hands and singing Combyya will help too.

Vic

-Pericles (430 B.C.)

Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:07 pm
King of Spring

Vic, stuff comes up almost every session but goes nowhere, some are similar bills, etc. Click on the bills and you will see the status, almost all gun bills have been eliminated, except maybe a couple still alive on bgchecks and procedures, reporting lost/stolen.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:29 pm
Longbeard

They cancelled the whole show in Harrisburg which by volumn of visitors is the largest outdoor show in the country. I heard it will cost the local community around $30 million in lost revenue with food, lodging and taxes. Once the NRA pulled out the NWTF, Rocky Muntoun Elk Foundation went them it was all over. The same company who holds this show also does the Shot show in Vegas. They made the same demands there but now have went back to the Table with the NRA. By the way the company who runs these shows is from Great Britain.

I've been following this very close. There are close to 2500 Sheriffs in the USA and they stand united in upholding the constitution and the oath of their office and they will not enforce any federal law that violates our constitutional rights. So if the Feds want your guns they will need a warrant to come get them and if they don't have a warrant they are tresspassers. Good luck Mr. Obama

Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:57 pm
King of Spring

BB,
I have a friend who is tied into the show in Harrisburg and he says they are going to try and do it in March/Apr timeframe. There were two other organizers who approached the board to take Reid's place. I personally think Reid Exhibitions is dead. I think they will loose this and the Shot show.

On another note I took Wednesday off and went to the state house. It was really good turn out for that time of week. I think there were over 3000 in the yard and over 1500 signed in to testify. The hearing ran until 9 at night. Many are protesting again because they didn't get to testify, I for one am writing letters to that effect.

There is a ground swell movement to regain our rights. I hope the momentum is growing. Many have died so I can have these rights. The least I can do is try to keep them for those no longer with us. I plan to attend any meeting I can to vocalize my belief in the Constitution.

Vic

-Pericles (430 B.C.)

Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:53 am
King of Spring

Im a little late to the party but will throw in my 2 cents. Votes mean nothing. We are now the minority in this country and I seriously doubt that will change in the near future. That was proven when the elected officials were voted in not once but twice. Its going to come down to the armed citizens to take a stand.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:31 pm