View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 11:33 pm

tis the season, of pollen and turkeys!!! 
King of Spring

Post tis the season, of pollen and turkeys!!!
I don't know about the rest of ya, but I'm in trouble!! I'm already struggling with some terrible terrible allergies!! I am on a steady regiment of sudafed and a daily allergy pill called wal act ( actifed from walgreens). I also have to dope up on benadryl at night! While I tried to get a handle on it before it got started.... it has caught up to me and kicking my rearend, any little remedy you guys and gals may have in mind to stop the sneezing befoe one gets me with a turkey comin in!!

Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:17 pm
King of Spring

Post Re: tis the season, of pollen and turkeys!!!
I've been sick twice this year with pretty much the same problems you have. It will last five to seven days and then get better (hopefully). PS. Make sure you soak those mouth calls in something to avoid germs.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:28 pm
King of Spring

Well, its not so much sickness, its just typical allergy, sneezing, sniffy and runny nose and itchy eyes! Its awful, lol! You would thing I would be used to it since I have had them my whole life!!

Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:50 pm
Poult

Man I am feeling you with the sneezing and sniffling. I suffered for years until I finally had a doc that understood allergies. He put me on Flonaise (nose spray), cingular, and zertec. Any of those may have been misspelled. The Doc said each medicine attacks a different "receptor" in my nose. Whatever!!!! All I know is that the allergy cocktail I take now works like a charm and a feel like a new guy! some of the OTC stuff never really did much for me. Good luck!!!

Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:49 am
2 Year Old

Feel for you guys...my wife gets shots for allergies. I sneeze a few times when the Oaks bloom but thats about it. Used be be allergic to more things when I was younger but I guess out grew it.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:09 am
King of Spring

Big time allergy sufferer here. Did the shots years ago with great results. Recommend it highly. Now I do Flonase and have not had any issues. Talk to your doctor.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:58 pm
Poult

I am going to have to ask about the shots. I only hear good things about them!!

Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:33 pm
2 Year Old

My wife has been taking them for 5 years and still suffers...I ain't impressed. :x

Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:44 pm
2 Year Old

You forgot one other big joy of spring - ticks. They're out in force. Put up two blinds and had to spray down real good. Man I hate those things and this area is always loaded.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:59 am
King of Spring

Guess I am lucky on the allergy thing, but my wife gets them all. The thing that helped her the most was the Nehtie pot, sure it is misspelled. Anyway she flushes her nose morning and night, sometimes midday if she has cut grass or something. They make others for the nose too. All I know is she can flush her nose with this thing and most of her symptoms go away. Might want to look into it. It directly removes the pollen from your sinuses.

As for ticks, hate them, use permethrin religiously. Will probably treat my clothes every other week this year.

Vic

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!
-Pericles (430 B.C.)

Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:19 am