View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 1:21 pm

Hale Fire 
2 Year Old

Post Hale Fire
Hello, I've been looking for a realistic Gobble call for years! the tube and shaker's have never done it for me, Knight & Hale "Hale Fire" is one worthy to put in my vest..I have'nt mastered it by no means,a little tricky but, when I do it right- it's a fantastic, realistic Gobble call!!! Just wanted to check in and see if anybody else has one and whatcha think? got mine at MidWest turkey for around 18.00 and am tickled with it!! Looking forward to some feedback,Thanks!

Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:58 pm
King of Spring

Post Re: Hale Fire
I always gobbled with the box, mouth call, and some on the trumpet. Know a couple guys that use the Red wolf and another with the Quaker Boy I believe it is. A gobble used at the right time can produce results. But since I mainly hunt public land I very seldom use it unless maybe midweek and I or only one other person is in the same area and their location.

Earl

Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:05 pm
2 Year Old

I agree Earl, just like the fighting purr it can be a differance maker! I've spent many day's wishing I had a good Gobble call when hen calling was'nt gonna get it done on a particular hunt or bird,something about challenging that Boss Gobbler changes that hunt completely sometimes! I was getting worked over by a Gobbler pretty good one morning, he gobbled for the first time at around 8:30 to my calling maybe a 100 yds., did'nt hear him again til just before 10:00-I did'nt call very much,scratched in the leaves and stayed put! When I would yelp, he would'nt answer.I thought the hunt was over several times, thought he had walked off but a crow got him gobbling again and he was still in the same spot. It was after 11:00 by that time,so I kept scratching in the leaves and a little soft calling- no responce! 11:30, I had to do something! pulled out my fighting purr that up to that point just carried along in my vest! Well, that Gobbler gobbled his head off,came in under me at about 50 yds., head blood red and mad! I could'nt do anything at that distance so he walked past me and got on a poplar flat and gobbled and strutted,when he turned his tail feather's blocked his head from me and I was able to pick up the purr's and work them again! he turned and came right to me and the rest is history,best Gobbler I've ever taken and killed him just before 12:00!! I know I would have never killed that turkey if I did'nt change to the fighting purr, never go to the wood's without 'em. Sometimes you just never know what will snatch victory out of the jaw of defeat! The Hale Fire has got me excited for the same way the fighting purr does, you never Know!!!

Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:23 pm
King of Spring

I've been exploring different model gobble calls haint makes one so does flextone there all the same model style has the hale fire each a little different sounding i like the hale fire a whole lot better.. I think i'm going to purchase one this week online i haven't seen them at wal-mart were i usually buy my calls, it looks like it mite be hard to do at first but i do like it makes a jake yelp to..

Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:22 am
Profile YIM
2 Year Old

If you go to Knight & Hale web site they give video demonstrations, Harold makes it look easy but, the third video of the guy with the cowboy hat on is the best demo- It's a nice call and I like it better than the haint call and it's a whole lot cheaper! The jake calk is very easy to master, the gobble takes some time to get, but the video helped me a lot!

Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:59 am
King of Spring

I got one.. I sure can't make it sound like the guy in the Video .. I think I sound better with a Mouth call .. I will keep practicing though..

Take me Home Country Roads.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:42 am
King of Spring

Got mine too can't grasp the feeling of it more like a goose call to me at least, can't even make it sound close worked with it off an on for an hour or so today. Tube callers would get it down quicker. will sell or trade??? :)

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:50 pm
Profile YIM
2 Year Old

I wish I could put it in the right words to help you guy's,I will try tho, here goes: Put your top lip inside the tube and lower lip on the outside bottom, blowing easy with you tongue at the roof of your mouth: start by saying the word took-ah,took-ah. be sure to say both parts. after you get where you are compfortable with the took-ah,work on speeding up the rythem. Put the call in your hands just like the pic on the back of the package say's to and say took-ah 3 or 4 times and slowly close your right hand to form a chamber, while still saying the word took-ah..It is hard to get ,I wish I could be of more help but it is hard to put into words! I had a Gobbler answer the call yesterday morning at a place I can't hunt,the call got him going pretty good! Good Luck!

Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:21 pm