View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 12:34 am

Thompson Center multi-barrel bolt 
Boss Gobbler

Post Thompson Center multi-barrel bolt
Looks like Thompson Center is taking the "convertible" single shot pistol/rifle/shotgun into a new era with a "convertible" bolt action rifle. Could be interesting....

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/thompso ... un-review/

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:04 am
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Post Re: Thompson Center multi-barrel bolt
Interesting. Many actions are similar in length but need different parts to finish them. Might be the way to go for youngin's, you can start them off light and go to larger calibers as they get older.

Vic

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!
-Pericles (430 B.C.)

Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:27 am
Boss Gobbler

Now they have a video!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAMdVKUg ... e=youtu.be

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:58 am
Profile WWW
King of Spring

I think I prefer the simplicity of owning different rifles. Same with the encore.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:29 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

I can't argue with you Neil, but on my second vault and running out of space. Starting to rotate stock.

Vic

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!
-Pericles (430 B.C.)

Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:18 pm
Boss Gobbler

I really like the idea of one rifle handling a family of cartridges.

Take a 30-06 family and you could hunt any animal in north America and beyond.

6.5-06, .270win, .280rem, .280AI, .338-06, .35whelen and there are others that might work such as 9.3X62, possibly .338RCM and others.

You could buy a .280rem for most everything but you get a dream hunt on grizzlies, moose or other large critter and just buy a barrel in .35whelen and you are set :mrgreen:

Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:03 pm
Profile WWW
Longbeard

Toys, toys. Safes are packed with toys. I think I like my 7mm short mag for everything. More and more I use just four guns. My Super Black Eagle for ducks,geese and turkeys, my cooper Jackson in 22 covers the bushytails and the Model 7 SS in 7mm Saum for deer, elk and anything else. The little 28 O/U cover doves and grouse. and the encore for muzzle loading. Kinda miffed at TC right now as I emailed their customer service a week ago and have not heard back ;(

2gbl

Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:58 am
King of Spring

2GBL,

I counted 5 guns but... Anyway, call TC. I usually get tired of waiting. Sounds like a nice collection. I will either need to get a bigger vault or a 3rd. :D

A man has to have a hobby.

Vic

-Pericles (430 B.C.)

Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:53 am
Boss Gobbler

Right now is a bad time to get in touch with any gun company. SHOT show is taking place right now.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:57 pm
Profile WWW