View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 7:22 pm

What New Tactic/Skill Are You Planning to Utilize in Spring 

no more carrying 40 things in a vest that holds 20 and only using 1/3 of whats in it !! :roll:

Diablo...a "small" peice of cloth ??? :lol:

I think you left enuf TP up here on my Deer lease to last you through the spring !!

NCL

Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:08 pm
King of Spring

GN.. I'm still trying to find that Magic Call that works every time.. You mean to tell me it doesn't exist.. man that's a bummer.. :P

I guess I'm just saying it doesn't hurt to have one more trick in the bag.. 99 times out of 100 it probably will not work, but that one time it does .. OH boy

I'll keep looking and keep you posted .. that full proof call has to be out there :shock:

Take me Home Country Roads.

Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:32 pm
2 Year Old

I bought a lathe last year and I am finally getting a chance to practice using it... Hopefully this year I will be able to kill a turkey with a slate call that I make myself. It is a lot of trial and error, but one of these times I will get it right. If anyone on the board has any experience with this let me know. I am open to any pointers / suggestions on how to turn a pot for a slate call. I have made a few so far but I dont have the sound I am looking for yet. I will get there eventually.

Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:31 am
Longbeard

My 14 year old has taken5 birds in the past 3 years, with me doing the fun part, calling and set-ups. Even if it means a no bird season, he is going to learn how to do the fun part. I hope my patience holds up!

Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:30 pm
King of Spring

Topping my list for this up-comming season will be to stop in and ask/try to get permission to hunt as many "new places" as I can. Also, like Scott, more pre-season scouting forays to try and pinpoint the roost sites.

Before the season actually starts:

(1)I always remove everything from my vest, and double/triple check that everything I need is there and is in fine working order. (Making double sure that an extra face mask and pair of gloves are in there as well.)

(2)Take my gun to the pattern board and re-confirm that the scope is right on and that my patterns are where I want them.

(3)Go through a practice session with all the calls, to make sure that I can still hit the notes on various types of calls.

Other than that, I'm waiting like everyone else for the opener to get here!!
:wink:

Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:57 pm
King of Spring

Hydration is a big deal with me. I take a couple of Medicines that dry me out bad. It is easy for me to go through a couple of water bottles in a mornings hunt. I purchased a Camel Back. I am going to work this into my Turkey Vest to help me stay wet! Even if it means leaving a few other things in the truck!

"Turkey hunting, when you knock all the feathers off it, is a game of infinite variables, played on a field of unlimited dimension, against an opponent who doesn't know the rules and wouldn't play by them if he did." ...Jim Spencer

Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:53 pm