View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 2:19 pm

Montana Muley 
2 Year Old

Post Montana Muley
I was fortunate enough to get to trip it out to Montana again this year with my uncle and chase muley's. Im telling you what, that state is absolutely awesome. We stayed in a little town of 1000 and the people couldn't be any nicer. Its a totally different world out there. If you think the small towns of Virginia are rural, take a trip out there. They live a totally different lifestyle, and with the way things are these days, Im ready to pack it up and head that way. A hand shake is still a hand shake in that part of the country. Anyway, I got this buck on the second to last morning we were there. I had two blown stalks on him the first two days due to swirling winds and a slick nanny doe and decided this was a buck I had to get. It was him or nothing haha. I guess he kinda got in my head a little bit. He vanished after we blew him out of the same area 2 times and I figured I wouldn't get another shot at him. The second to last morning we stumbled across him a good mile from where we originally hunted him. We watched him mill around for 2 and half and hours and not move 30 yards. He finally bedded down and after a 2 hour stalk we got close enough. When he stood up to shift around in his bed I got my shot. Double lunged him on the first shot and three running shots and 400 yards later he was down. Talk about a tough rascal and shaken up hunter haha. Anyway here are a couple cell phone pics. I haven't gotten my hands on the better pictures yet. He was a really cool tall buck. Alot narrower than your typical muley buck, but about 28" tall and 5-6 years old. Congrats to everyone who has nailed a big VA whitetail this year. Im still tryin'

Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:02 pm
King of Spring

Post Re: Montana Muley
Very nice, Congrats, that is one high racked dude that's for sure!

Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:24 pm
King of Spring

That is a hawg for sure....way to go...congrats...

Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:27 pm
Profile YIM
King of Spring

Very awesome I think Montana is awesome place to be did you see any wolves??

Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:30 pm
Profile YIM
2 Year Old

Didnt see any wolves but saw plenty of coyotes, and did see one big bobcat. I wanted to see a lion or wolf some kind of bad though!

Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:36 am
King of Spring

That is a dandy buck.

Vic

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!
-Pericles (430 B.C.)

Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:18 pm