View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 2:26 pm

How is everyone's season going so far? 
Jake

Post How is everyone's season going so far?
I've only been twice in early October, didn't see anything. Took a young man squirrel hunting Monday, saw three times the number of scrapes on our 80 acres than I have ever seen. Rubs are a little less than normal so far, big boys are still nocturnal on the trail cams, but they are by themselves. I hunt western Pittsylvania county, and thinking this weekend if the predicted cool front moves through deer ought to be moving.

Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:39 pm
Longbeard

Post Re: How is everyone's season going so far?
I've bagged two does with the crossbow. The early white oaks are pretty much fed out, and deer are starting to shift to fields. Buck sign is pretty much non-existent around here. Turkeys abound and will be the primary target soon.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:10 am
Longbeard

Went Friday with my 4 yr old in a ground blind and had doe's all around us. Pulled back plenty of times. Finally stuck a nice doe at 15 yrds. Only time I've been out this year. My time is so limited with 4 kids.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:25 am
Longbeard

Its been good so far. Ive been out 5-6 times with the new mathews. I finally arrowed a doe saturday morning not much buck sign as of yet but with the cooler temps and shorter days on the way will kick them in gear! Hope yall are having a fun season so far.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:23 pm
King of Spring

2 does with the Quest....Past 2 days been seeing alot of bucks cruising..No shooters yet...saw 3 small bucks chasing a doe yesterday evening....She came by me 5 times.. she was definetly in heat!.......Put my cuddeback on a scrape for 3 days and got 64 pics...9 different bucks most all at night...3 shooters all between 9pm and 4am.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:57 pm
Longbeard

killed a couple of does early in the season. passed a couple of young buck here recently. holding out for a big boy. excited for the cool weather coming up

Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:07 pm
King of Spring

Guys I hunt with have bagged a doe and a button buck (he thought it was a doe) but I haven't been able to seal the deal yet. I did see 2 does and 2 bucks yesterday on NF...it appeared as if the bucks were chasing the does. Not sure if that was the case but I thought it was odd to see 2 does run across a clear cut and then 2 bucks right behind them.

Only seen 1 scrape and several rubs...no trail cam pics from the scrape though :shock: . Heading back out in the morning...let's hope things change for me.

Good luck to everyone!

Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:10 pm