View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2024 11:34 pm

Minerals for deer 
2 Year Old

Post Re: Minerals for deer
oh and one more from uncle ted
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfdgUlZP ... re=related

Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:16 pm
2 Year Old

wait, wait, one for goblin870

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuO8w7kr ... re=related

Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:21 pm
Longbeard

Another top shelf exert from uncle Ted.

Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:24 pm
King of Spring

He makes many valid points, probably the most significant is you can't legistate morality. Got his point about the ethical thing too.

Example: My cousin was in the hospitol for 3 months because he had a heart pump put into his chest. He had just been home for a day or 2 when we took him out goose hunting. He couldn't lay down so we stuck him in a chair and put camo netting over him. A lot of birds flew but none would come into the spread. We finally had a single come around but he flew over our friends house and landed in the spread. I asked Frank if he was ready, answer yes. I jumped up and tried to get the bird to wing. It just stood there looking at me. I told Frank to pop him. He did. Nice head shot too. Anyway, later that evening we had some more birds come by and pass shot them. But was me allowing my cousin to shoot the bird on the ground unethical? I think not but I am sure many would say yes.

My cousin died 6 months later and I was very happy that I got him out as much as possible. One of the neighbors said something about shooting the bird on the ground. I said, The day you have a wire come out of your abdomin hooked to a controller powered by batteries hanging under your arm, you can shoot all the birds on the ground you want.

Still don't regret it. Never will. Put me in jail too.

As far as the CA thing, Ted was set up. Bait 400 yards away on someone elses property, give me a break!

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!
-Pericles (430 B.C.)

Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:03 am
Longbeard

chuck wrote:

Thanks dude :smt003 :smt003

The man might come off as a nut, but boy do i like his way of thinking..

Neill wrote:

I wondered if he shared that little ramble with the officers who tagged him with poaching out west?

Yep..

Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:24 pm
King of Spring

I wonder if it would raise the economy on corn sales if they allowed baiting with corn in virginia one would only think it would. A another thing that gets me is why they don't allow baiting but sell it in any wal--mart you go to or sporting good stores you think they'd take it off the shelf come deer season i wonder why they don't????

Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:16 pm
Profile YIM
Boss Gobbler

beardbuster84 wrote:
I wonder if it would raise the economy on corn sales if they allowed baiting with corn in virginia one would only think it would. A another thing that gets me is why they don't allow baiting but sell it in any wal--mart you go to or sporting good stores you think they'd take it off the shelf come deer season i wonder why they don't????

It is not illegal to sell, just to use after a certain date. Same as all the deer attractants they sell. Wally world is just wanting to make a buck, they don't care about your legal problems :smt003

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:18 pm
Profile WWW