View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:31 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 26  Next
 WHO ARE YOU? 
Poult

I'm Matt from Bedford Co, VA, 25 yrs old. Originally from the D.C. area, but after graduating from Va Tech (Go Hokies!) my wife and I decided to live in the country. I work for John Hancock Life Ins. Co. and have enjoyed hunting since I can remember, thanks Dad. Killed my first gobbler freshman year in college and have enjoyed many successful seasons since. Counting the days down!!!!!

Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:08 pm
2 Year Old

Hey runwild, I mean Matt, good to see you here. Oh by the way I lived down the hall from you at Tech. Guess Who

Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:32 pm
Poult

yeah John, check your work email! I figured it was you. I just registered today, this seems to be a pretty cool site! Small world huh.

Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:36 pm
Poult

Hey new member here. I live in Alabama and have hunted turkeys in four states. I have killed a Rio Grande in Texas and a Merriams in Colorodo and New Mexico and a Eastern in Alabama. Love the sport and hope to chat with other that do as well.

Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:29 pm
Poult

Hey everyone, Been gone for a while but have been checking in when time has allowed. I'm Troy from Bedford Co. Been turkey hunting for 28 years and killed my first at 16. Have enjoyed getting others in the turkey woods to share the experience. :D

Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:17 pm
Poult

Dennis Robinson 40 years old.I was born in Northern Va but grew up in Wise County and then moved back to Nothern Va after I got out of School.I now live in Fredericksburg Va.Married with a 22 year old Step-Daughter.I mainly coonhunt except for a month every Spring when I chase the Long Beards.

If any of you in this area would like to go on a coonhunt just let me know.

540-286-6920

Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:23 pm
Profile YIM WWW
King of Spring

Born and raised in Bedford, went over the mountain to Lexington for college.....then lived in Richmond for a few years. In 2000 I moved to KY to return to school, and I've stuck around afterward. I still go back to VA regularly to hunt, etc. I started to turkey hunt in 2001, having been out a couple of times previously over the years but nothing serious. I've learned a lot but still consider myself a novice. My main passion would be bowhunting deer.

Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:02 am
Profile WWW
Poult

I am Tod, from johnston county NC. I hunt wary birds in eastern NC near home, populations are not good, and hunter pressure is high. I am a maintenence mechanic for a pharmaceutical company in clayton. I love turkey hunting, even though I have only killed two birds.

Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:41 pm
Poult

Post Who are you ?
I am a late bloomer to turkey hunting. I'm trying to give my 14 yr old boy a little more of a headstart. A good friend of mine makes turkey calls and gave me one for a birthday a year or two ago and that's all it took! My name is Charles Gresham and live in Newport News VA. My son is Tripp and we don't usually bag much game, but we love the outdoors. We recently bought a cabin on a few acres of land in Bath Co and hope to get a lot of use out of it for many years to come.

Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:19 pm
Poult

my name is bobby im 27 live in va beach va work 4 the city of va beach never hunted turkey b4 furst time waz open day 05

Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:04 pm
Longbeard

:D I am Brian from Saltville Va, I've turkey hunted for about 8yrs I love it just about as much as grouse hunting I'm married w/6 dogs 3labs and 3 brittanies my newest is 7 wks old brit out of a litter I just had I just had to keep one. This is my first post but I've learned some things from reading others. I hope one day I can help yall out as you have helped me.

Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:32 pm
The kids call me Mr. D. From Herndon, VA and own a farm in Prince Edward County VA. I took 3 kids out on April 9th, opening day. Last year we had them all around us, this year '05 we did not see nor hear one. The kids had a good time. Friday we are heading up to the Susquehanna to do some smallmouth fishing.

Good luck to all!!

Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:45 am
Poult

Post Greetings
Ladies and Gents,

Just a quick note about myself. Been hunting since I was 12, I am now thirty. Deer, dove, and squirrels were what I grew up hunting. Didn't start Turkey Hunting until after college. I have been hunting on public Nat. Forr. Land since I've started and have not taken a bird yet. THIS IS WHY I KEEP COMING BACK!!! What a challenge!

To all, be safe, talk to you soon,
Nick

Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:54 pm
Poult

Post Hey Everybody
Smitty 35 from Rougemont, NC. I've been Deer hunting since I was 10 with my Dad. Started Turkey hunting about 7 or 8 years ago. Now Turkey hunting is my passion. I do still deer hunt, and took my biggest buck to date in the 03 deer season. 10 Pointer gross scored 148.

Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:44 pm
Profile YIM WWW
I am Tom from Fredericksburg, VA. Moved from Buffalo, NY in 1999 for job with Prince William Co. Fire Department. I have been hunt for as long as I can remember with My dad, Grandfather and Uncles. I am 25 years old have a wife and a 18 month old daughter. I am 100% addicted to hunting Deer in the fall and Gobblers in the spring. I hunt VA, NY and PA.

Tom

Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:09 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 26  Next