View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:54 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 26  Next
 WHO ARE YOU? 
King of Spring

Post Re: WHO ARE YOU?
Hello to all. :smt006 My name is Earl Sechrist. Live in Midland, VA. Married with a wounderful and most understanding woman (Donna) that never has a problem with my turkey addiction. We have a son and daughter and they each have a son and daughter. I grew up in PA. My grandfather got me into turkey hunting in the fall of 1958. My favorite season is the fall, starting turkey hunting in the spring of 1968 when PA allowed the first spring season. Have done the fall spring hunts ever since. Although I was a Marine from 1970 till 1991 I was lucky to have had very understanding CO's that allowed me leave even while stationed over seas to come back for a few days hunt. Being in the Marines and making friends allowed me to travel and hunt other States over the years. Soime times Donna joins me on the hunts but she antique hunts which really cuts into my turkey hunting and cigar budget. I have deer hunting some over the years but mainly only focused on the turkey's. I have not deer hunted now for over 10 years. I like hunting the public land birds. Here my main hunting ground is Marine Corps Base Quantico and Fort AP Hill. When I travel to other States I will stay with friends but again hunt the public lands, although do hunt private from time to time. Have a lease here in VA that I am the only turkey hunter all the other members are deer. Love Fort Campbell, KY, great hunting there. Also still hunt with a couple of my grand dads doubles. Just hope to enjoy the board and fellowship and get some hints on out whitting the wiley feathered friends.
Here is picture of my mug, don't get to scared :( .

Image[img]

Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:07 am
Poult

sean from winchester,iam 40years old, married and have three childran(14mons.,4, 9)I own a lawn care company here in No. Va. and love to hunt anything i can.grew up in Loudoun co. Va. still hunt thair.I been hunting turkeys since early 90,s. and deer even longer.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:28 pm
Poult

Hello my name is bruce. i have two boys 14 and 18 i am 49 . Auto body tec by trade and avid sportsman. Started hunting and fishing at age 6 in Barnsville Ohio and Wheeling Wv. In 1980 i moved to Tulsa ok and started chasing quail and running birddogs boy what a blast. Well with bird seasion over now what bass? Yes and ok has some big bass. well after 7 yrs in ok chasing birds,bass,dear,armidilos and of corse mushrooms the wife and i decide to move to Columbus ohio to be closer to soon to be grandparents. Now time to explor and i did from ohio river to lake erie untill 2008 . Weather it was hunting, fishing,running birddogs or shooting sports mostly clays games. Now i find my self, son and of corse pipper our gorden setter in roanoke va. starting over again. We will hunt for places hunt, fish and shoot but alittle guidence would be nice. It will be tough getting use to no sunday hunting but I guss that will be a scouting , shooting and fishing day. THANKS Bruce :D ps: no ICE fishing :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:46 am
Jake

Im Kyle. Just joined today. This will be my third year turkey hunting.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:20 pm
Poult

Senior Chief in the Navy stationed at NAS Oceana. Live in Suffolk.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:09 pm
Poult

My name is Brian McClung and I live in Franklin County, VA. I have been in law enforcement for 14 years and have been teaching at Criminal Justice at Franklin County High School (GO EAGLES!!) for 4. I have two sons, one 17 the other 7. I have been turkey hunting sice 1990. I am absolutely obsessed with finding the tightest patterm out of my chosen shotgun, a Mossy 835.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:01 pm
Boss Gobbler

Big Show!!! Good to see you on here! :mrgreen:

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:55 am
Profile WWW
Poult

Brett from Grayson County. Been hunting the great thunder chicken for 15 years and in turkey calling contest for about 10 years. I hope that the Lord allows me to walk his awesome mountains for many years to come it's a blessing to be able to enjoy such a great creation. I won't to wish everyone good luck this year, season is right around the corner and it might be a little tuff out there this year. I know that our hatch has been down the past 2 to 3 years and it is going to be hard to get those strutters away from all the hens that we have here. Good luck and God Bless.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:35 pm
Profile YIM
King of Spring

Post New Member - GOBLN2
Hi,
My name is Ricky. I live in Bedford, VA, retired from Georgia Pacific Paper Company. So now I have plenty of time to hunt and fish and read the great topics on this board. I am married to Teresa and we have four beautiful grandchildren.

Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:07 am
Poult

will
mechanichsville
been turkey hunting for 5 years

Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:58 pm
Boss Gobbler

Welcome to all the new users on here!!!!! Looks to be an active spring around here!!

Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:08 am
Profile WWW
Poult

I'm from piedmont NC. No turkeys in my neck of the woods so i have to travel.
Started with Earl and Ed about 17 years ago.
I have hunted several states my favorite is Texas. I Drive to SC every Sunday morning during April or until I kill two.
My goal is to have my daughter and son-in -law kill one this year. they have started late but seem to really enjoy the hunt.
I have helped a whole lot of people kill their first turkey and know how much fun it is so I really want them to get one.
I fish a lot and my family runs a tackle business but turkey hunting is my favorite outdoor activity.

I like to learn from these boards so now maybe I won't have to wait on someone else to ask the right question. :D

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:02 pm
Poult

Iam John Mozingo Life Time Member Of United SpecialSports Alliance ...www.childswish.com....We help make Hunting And Fishing Trips Come True For Dissabled Boys And Grils....John USSA :D

Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:03 pm
Co-Owner/Dog Feeder

Mike, if you started with ed and earl you are way ahead of the learning curve. welcome to all of you new folks

"even after almost a half-century of hunting of the noblest game bird I am going to confess that I am still in the kindergarten; and I doubt if any human being ever acquires a complete education in this high art."
- Archibald Rutledge

Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:14 pm
Jake

my name is shawn. i live in Gainesboro VA. i am married with 4 kids and 1 granbaby. i have been turkey hunting for 28 years. this past spring i took my 56th longbeard. i also spend a lot of time in the deer woods.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:14 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 26  Next