View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:37 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 26  Next
 WHO ARE YOU? 
Poult

My name is Sonny Connell and I live in West Tennessee about 20 miles North of Memphis. I am 30 years old, married with 2 children. I have been hunting all my life but started turkey hunting 16 years ago. This year my son shot his first bird on the Juvi hunt at the age of 6. He is now addicted like his father.

Fri May 04, 2007 12:02 pm
Profile WWW
Jake

A loyal member of the "brother" site TNTurkey. I am 34 yrs. old and live in West TN. I work for a public utilities company here. I have a great wife that knows my need to hunt. I also have a 3 yr. old daughter who I hope to have in the spring woods next year. I started turkey hunting 23 yrs. ago. I hunt in TN, MS, KS, and NE most springs but looking to add a few more. I also live to deer hunt and duck/goose hunt. In the "off" season I enjoy playing golf and fishing. Enjoy your site!!

Tue May 22, 2007 10:39 am
Poult

Hi! My name is Dick, my on-line handle is Bluegunner. I hail from Mn., am 65 and have been chasing the wild turkey for longer than some of you are old. Have been fortunate over the years, have had quite a number of birds step in front of my gun and have had my share of quality hunts. Have taken Easterns, Merriams, Rio Grandes and have a goal to someday take an Osceola. Have several birds that weighted 24#, and this spring an Eastern that weighted 24 1/2 lbs. with 1 1/2" spurs. Love the sport and hope I'm still doing it at 85. Been happily married for 35 years, 4 children and 2 grandchildren.

Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:44 pm
Jake

Post Intro
Hi ya'll, my name is Chad and I'm new to central VA (Fluvanna County). I work as a civil engineer and spent the past few years in Northern VA working and I'm very glad to be back out in the country! I grew up in east TN and then later in Ohio. I love to do anything outdoors, especially hunt and fish. I consider myself much more of a meat hunter than a trophy hunter, but I certainly wouldn't pass on something for the wall! I hunt deer, turkey and dove and I'd love to get into waterfowl hunting. I'm 25 years old and all things considered I'm relatively new to hunting...started when I was 17. I look forward to reading and learning from the board and certainly contributing to the conversations. I found my way here in my search for a club. I'd definitely appreciate if anyone with information about clubs looking for members central Virginia would kinly pass that information along. Happy hunting and good luck in the field!

Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:39 pm
Poult

Hey all, just joined the board today. I have been on the NWTF board for about 7 months, I have turkey hunted since I was a kid.

My name is Daniel Legge, I live outside of Winchester, VA and have lived in this area all 26 years of my life. I have been married for 3 years this Friday as a matter of fact. I have two wonderful step-sons that have never been around hunting and the outdoors until I came into their lives and I think I about got them hooked. They are 9 and soon to be 8. I work for the local government in the water & sewer services as a GIS Tech. working with all of our geographical mapping. I have been an avid deer, turkey, and small game hunter all of my life thanks to my Dad.

Glad to be a part of this board and look forward to meeting all of you!

Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:59 am
Poult

My name is Todd Perkins. I am from Vansant, in Buchanan county. I am currently a sophomore at Lincoln memorial university in Harrogate, TN. I am studying wildlife and fisheries management and am hopefully on the right track to becoming a wildlife biologist. I have been turkey hunting for around 10 or 11 years and have deer hunted for about the same time as well. I also love to call predators after deer season and before spring turkey season. I make custom turkey calls, predator calls, and deer and turkey display plaques. I look foward to conversing with everyone on here as time goes by.

Have a nice day,

Todd Perkins

Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:50 pm
King of Spring

Post WHO ARE YOU?
Welcome aboard RawDawg.
Feel free to jump in anytime as these guys are great. I've been on here about a year and a half now and I feel like I have another hunting family with this group.

barry

Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:56 pm
Poult

Hey, my name is Ryan Strait. I go to Virginia Tech, Go Hokies. I am a senior, and will be commissioning into the Army next May. I love all kinds of hunting, and fly fishing. I live north of Charlottesville, and in Blacksburg when at school.

Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:18 am
Jake

Welcome Ryan. I live in Fluvanna and work in C'ville. You do much hunting up in this area or is more of it down at school?

Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:32 am
Poult

My parents own some land near Charlottesville, so I do most of my hunting up there. Unfortunately not many grouse around there, but plenty of deer and a few turkeys.

Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:43 am
Poult

My name is Rob and I as well am a Christian that is desperate for Grace.
I am a fulltime student at Germanna Community College.
I work part time for YoungLife in Culpeper
I am 33 years old married for 1 1/2 years. Lovin' every minute of it!
I am from Lexington, KY. Home of the University of Kentucky Wildcats!
I am a huge UK fan
Just started hunting this past season and can't wait for the spring.

Saving money for a Remington 12 guage 870 Express Super mag camo

Moeny's kinda' tight right now so we'll see.

Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:49 pm
King of Spring

Lots of new posters. Welcome to you all. You won't find a better board, nor a better group of folks anywhere. Feel free to come back, and post often :!:

"Turkey hunting, when you knock all the feathers off it, is a game of infinite variables, played on a field of unlimited dimension, against an opponent who doesn't know the rules and wouldn't play by them if he did." ...Jim Spencer

Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:32 pm
Poult

Hello all. I am Duane and I am a forester who loves to bowhunt and chase turkeys. I have enjoyed reading along on this site and decided to jump in. I will contribute when I can but will likely just bother everyone with questions. Thanks for the site!

Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:52 pm
Poult

My name is Dick Dickens, I live on beautiful Lake Anna in Louisa County, Virginia. I hope to get back into turkey hunting this year, I've been out of it for at least 20 years. I'm 59, have 3 grown kids, and 6 grandkids, all scattered from Virginia to Maryland to Colorado. My wife of 40 years is Sue. I'm a building designer and construction manager and I'm self employed.

I just got back into whitetail hunting this year and had a blast. Hunted 4 Saturdays and killed 2 deer, a buck and a doe. Looking for a place to turkey hunt, and maybe a good hunting partner or 2. Also willing to listen to any good turkey hunting tips you professionals might have to offer.

Thanks.

Dick

Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:52 pm
Profile YIM
Longbeard

Hey guys! My name is Woody. I'm 40 yrs. old , married to a wonderful lady, with 2 great little girls 11 and 7. I've been huntin' since I can remember. I was lucky enough to have a dad who took me whenever he was in the woods. I bow hunt, blk powder and gun hunt for deer and of course I love to spring gobbler hunt! Like alot of guys, all the deer huntin' in the fall keeps me from doing much fall turkey huntin' but I cut my teeth bustin' up gangs and Kee-Keein 'em in when I was a kid!! My user name is kind of a tribute to my dad. He's pretty sick and can't get out any more and Old Forester used to be his "Adult Beverage" of choice! :lol: I've been checking out the forum for about a year now and have really enjoyed reading what you guys have to say, so I figured what the heck I'll join up! Any way look forward to chatting with ya'll and Good Huntin'!!

Last edited by Old Forester on Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:11 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 26  Next