View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:33 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 26  Next
 WHO ARE YOU? 
Poult

Shane from Louisiana, Just moved to East Tennessee after being run out by hurricanes. I am an art teacher and hunting addict. My wife hates the glazed look that comes over my face in late October.

Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:47 pm
Longbeard

Hello, My name is Adam, I will be 25 tomorrow. I work for the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board. I have been turkey hunting for a few years and have had it is my obsession. I love it and cannot get enough of it. Haha. I also love to catfish however had not had very good luck at it. I live in Haysi virignia and am always looking to make new friends. Good hunting everyone.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:19 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Poult

Hello all, Russ from Va. Bch. 36 Have enjoyed hunting & fishing since I was a kid and look forward to both turkey and deer season as well as catching a few tuna every year. Most of my hunting is done in Halifax & Nash co. N.C. but, would like to try a VA gobbler this year. On the side I import wood products such as plywood, lumber and flooring.

Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:55 pm
Poult

Hello guys, I'm Jason from Stuarts Draft VA. I used to turkey hunt a little but kind of got away from it when my wife started having kids. They are getting older now so I am going to try to get back into it.

Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:49 am
Jake

Tyler Pickering i live in Shoshone Idaho / 44yrs old, i own a roofing company in sun valley id...
been hunting and fishing all my life..and get out and go as much as possible..
i am a very fortunate man cause i live right in the middle of some of the best mule deer elk antelope and upland bird areas
the west has to offer.. also there is tremendous fishing opportunities ,, i can fish for bass/cats/trout/salmon/steelhead/walleyes/muskies/most any sunfish/and many other species within 2 hours of my house.
i have ONE hero in my life and he is my step dad..
i do most of my hunting with a long bow..
this is my third year turkey hunting and i am ZERO for two :cry: so i am hoping this is the year, i will leave for a 7 day hunt April 14th and will be hunting with my bow the first 4 days, if i don't get one by then,, out comes grandpas old side by side :twisted:
i enjoy this forum very much and feel that i have picked up some info that can not be found anywhere else,,i believe that it will make my whole turkey hunting experience much fuller .. THANK YOU FREDDY AND TO ALL THAT SHARE THERE HARD EARNED TIPS HERE.....
good luck and good hunting to all...
Tyler

Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:16 pm
Poult

Hello, My name is Ron. I live in Suffolk. I am widower with two amazing kids. Josh is 18, and Sallie is 13. I started hunting turkeys when in my late teens with my dad. He taught me a lot about hunting, the woods and being safe doing it. I had to give it up for awhile when my wife became ill with cancer. I,ve been back to the woods for about five years now and believe the bearded ones have grown wise. As I have only harvested one bird in this time, I have memories to last for ever. Especially the youth hunts with my son. Being new to this forum, I have been taken back several times when reading the posts. My daughter loves only one thing, her horse. My son and I hunted together like my father and me. These memories will last beyond a lifetime. My son is going in his own direction and we don't get time to hunt together much anymore. Between his college and job, there isn't many times when we can get together and make new memories. So I've learned over the years from hunting that the bonds and memories and just being in the outdoors with your family and friends to me are priceless!!

DAD 1963

Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:27 am
King of Spring

Post Coalman, New to the board
My name is David and I am a turkaholic. There the first step is to admit it. :P I live in Seacoast, NH. I seem to be drawn to this site yearly to read Freddy's diary. It was time to sign up.
This will be a special season. I have 21 days out of a possible 34 off to chase turkey in ME, NH and MA. I have been doing a lot of scouting. I will post up what New England turkey country looks like.
And for any die hards out there I would be glad to share the Maine woods with you the last day of their season June 2, 2007.
Coalman

Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:44 pm
Profile WWW
Poult

My name is Randy and I live in Springville in Tazewell County,Va. I am 47 years old,married for 29 years and have a son who is 27 years old. I am a Servive Manager at a local Ford Dealership. I would hunt rocks with sticks if there was a season.

Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:11 pm
Profile WWW
Poult

My name is Scott Goodman. I was born and raised in South Central Pa.. I'm now living in Willow Creek, Mt., which is located about 90 miles North West of Yellowstone Park. I work part-time as a fishing access site caretaker for Montana's Division of Fish Wildlife & Parks. I also have a wildlife and cabin art business plus a turtle shell turkey call business.

I have been hunting turkeys since the mid 70's back in Pa.. This year I hope to "nail" my first Merriam. I'm an avid Whitetail hunter and return "home" to Pa. every fall to buck hunt. I killed my first Montana Whity buck last fall.

Besides hunting , my other interests are leatherworking, primitive camping, fishing , gold panning and chasing my wife around the house ! :wink:

HUNT SAFE !

Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:23 am
King of Spring

My name is Matt and am 33 years old. I currently live in Fredericksburg, VA with my lovley wife of 3 years. I grew up in southern Fauquier Co. where my family has had a farm there for 100+ years. Studdied agriculture at VaTech and later returned home to help run the Dairy Farm. We have recently gotten out of the dairy business and I've been a Real Estate Appraiser for 6 years. Started hunting turkeys when I was 12 and haven't stopped since. It's a maddening addiction. My best 2 birds to date are, one with 1 7/8 spurs and another that was 23lbs and had 4 beards totaling 30 1/2 inches. I also luv hunting big bucks and fishing the Chesapeake and offshore Hatteras, NC in my center console. Been very lucky to hunt a number of other states, but there's just somthing about "Ole VA". This is a great forum and am glad to be a new member. I focus alot of my time in the turkey woods now to sharing this great sport with youth and newcommers. Seems it's time to give a little back since I had alot of great teachers along the way.

Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:02 pm
Poult

Post Who I am
My name is Pat Link I am 24 years old. I am originally from Illinois but have relocated to Williamsburg VA. I have been turkey hunting for 6 years and been deer hunting for 15 years. I was a guide in Pike county Illinois. I have two parts of my grand slam complete. Right now I am bertending and waiting tables while finishing my job search for an ecologist position.

Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:30 pm
Longbeard

My name is Troy Lamy. I'm 28 years old. I've been married for 6 years and have 3 boy's. 4,2, new born. I like hunting but I love God more. I've been hunting since I was 15. I've been blessed to take some really nice bucks and to see some big ones. I also seem to get my birds all on opening day. My biggest to date scored 66. I love it. I cannot wait until my boys start to hunting. I the VP of Sales. I work hard so I can play hard.

Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:52 pm
2 Year Old

42 yrs old, some days I feel like 18 and others like 92
Married for almost 24 years to my high school sweetheart
Im self employed in the timber industry speciallizing in Forestry Management
Ive been turkey hunting for 23 years, killed a few along the way ;)

Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:58 pm
Poult

my name is john..Im 24 years old..from FAUQUIRE COUNTY.
This is my first year turkey hunting...I work for Lockheed Martin, and love to hunt whitetails.

Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:51 pm
Poult

Post Intro
Just a quick hello I am from the West Kootenys in British Columbia We have a few turkeys in out area I believe most of them came from Washington State. We have only been allowed to hunt them for 3 years now so I found this site with assitance of GN and it looks great. I will post a few questions for next years hunt.

Grant

Thu May 03, 2007 6:27 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 26  Next