View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:36 am

Now What?? 
King of Spring

Post Now What??
What do I do now?? My favorite time of the year is over. It’s not like I don’t have anything else to do, for I’ve got plenty to keep me busy. With work, school, and music, I’ve got plenty of opportunity to fill up the time. I’m also about a month or two behind on “honey-dosâ€

Sat May 13, 2006 2:19 pm
King of Spring

Post now what?
Right back at ya' FB24,
I've been lost for the last week or so.
Now it's really gonna be bad, no more checking this site everyday to see what happened with everyone.
Spring gobbler season is like Christmas to me, but like you said, only 47 more weeks 'til we can do it again.
Hope everyone is blessed with a good "off season".
Guess I can concentrate a little more on farm work and my garden now.

barry

Sat May 13, 2006 3:56 pm
King of Spring

I've already pulled all my duck dekes out of the shed and ordered 1000 yds of new line to help keep my sanity. Hate the summertime, other than a few bass fishing trips.

Sat May 13, 2006 7:26 pm
King of Spring

Sleep? Thats what I plan to do on May 27th when the PA season ends because the good Lord knows I haven't done much of that since March! :shock:

Oh yeah, I might cut the grass on a regular basis too. My neighbors are giving me dirty looks these days. 8)

-Eric

Mon May 15, 2006 12:52 pm
Boss Gobbler

I'm back to work and mowing the yard :lol: Have some duck dekes that need fixing, geese dekes that need painting. Big Bird and I are planning on some range trips with the .308's. I need to practice with my bow more this summer and am wanting to go hunt some coyotes.

Any and all of the above to try and fix the urge to hunt spring gobblers :lol:

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Mon May 15, 2006 1:14 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

yessir, I do have a new Mathews Switchback that I need to practice with this summer. My wife won it at a sportsmans banquet that our church was holding back in the winter. She let me have it, for a small fee, of course. I also plan on getting after some Coyote's this summer also. I hate em. I may do a little more fishing this summer. What ever I do, I guarentee you that my mind won't be too far from the spring woods.

Tue May 16, 2006 8:00 am
Boss Gobbler

This was taken during the last week of the season. He thought he was hidden. Looks like he might be a decent buck next year...

And, of course, keeping my eye on the turkeys and hopefully some poults...

But mostly catching up on chores around the house! :shock: :cry:

Tue May 16, 2006 8:09 am
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Well, I'll pull out the dekes for waterfowl and get them cleaned up real nice. Maybe work on repainting some goose decoys. Got a boat to paint and get ready for waterfowl. Hope to get in a few fishing trips this summer with some fellow board members. Maybe get on skeet shooting so that by the time dove season comes around I'm not empty handed at the end of the day. Plenty of honey do's to accomplish this summer. Definately get in some time with the bow. There's never a dull moment. Already thinking about fall turkey season to some degree. I'd like to take another fall bird.

Tue May 16, 2006 8:35 am
Profile YIM
King of Spring

Freddy, that's a fantastic shot of that buck!! Really. That needs to be on display, or on a magazine cover!

What now? Mountain biking is a lot of fun for me--as well as hiking & a few overnights on the trail.

I'd really like to spend some more time at the pattern board with my turkey gun setup and tweak that out real nice.

I REALLY want to get a turkey dog!! I hope to have one in training by the fall.

I don't have a bow yet, so I'm squirrelling away some cash for that purchase too.

Sat May 20, 2006 11:11 pm