View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:47 am

Mmmmmmmmm Tasty! 
King of Spring

Post Mmmmmmmmm Tasty!
Just finished cleaning up after a great dinner with friends. We celebrated the life and death of a noble turkey with a table full of friends. There were 8 of us in all, and the turkey was FANTASTIC!! My wife used a recipe she got from Emeril Lagasse. She brined it in apple juice, cinnamon, bay leaves, pepper, and beer. That's right, beer--dark beer more specifically. It was AMAZING!! Fried turkey is way up on the flavor list, but I think this may have topped it honestly. My wife can COOK!!

Wed May 17, 2006 11:42 pm
King of Spring

that sounds good......While my buddy and I were in NY, we were staying above a little restaurant/bar in an efficiency. Actually, it was pretty dang nice. anyway, we were frying some turkey up and the owner comes up and he has some with us. He suggested that we give him some meat, and he'd cook it for us the next evening. We agreed. This guy, before moving out into the country there, used to be a professional chef on Long Island. The next evening, we feasted. He soaked this turkey in something, I don't know what, but something......He sautee'd some wild onion and morals, and hade several other wild little plants in there, like fiddle heads and something else....he made a gravey for it and put these morals, onions, etc in that......rubbed cajun spice on the turkey and seared each side then placed it that gravey to cook.....I've never eat anything like it.....it was delicous.

Thu May 18, 2006 8:05 am
King of Spring

O.K. if you're going to tease us with how good it was, VaTurkey.com bylaws specifically state that you must post the recipie or link for us to find it.
BB

Thu May 18, 2006 8:54 am
King of Spring

I wish I knew....LOL....the man was a chef, not just someone who could cook......sorta like the difference between GN and myself huntin em, I'm profficient, but GN is the mac daddy.

BUT, I will contact him sometime here, and see if he'll come off some of the trade secrets and give me specifics on how he did it....hopefully, he's not like some tight lipped turkey hunters..LOL

Thu May 18, 2006 9:50 am
King of Spring

Well, I certainly wouldn't want to be in violation of any VATurkey bylaws! :lol: Here's the link to Emeril's beer-brined turkey recipe.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Thanksgiving/story?id=128192

Thu May 18, 2006 2:11 pm
Longbeard

Thu May 18, 2006 2:18 pm