View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:55 am

SUCCESS AGAIN Bird #2 
Longbeard

Post SUCCESS AGAIN Bird #2
Last day found me in a river bottom that i heard a bird in 1 week ago. 2 birds started hammering(best gobbling birds i have heard all year). I was setep in the woods about 60 yards from them. Well flydown came and instead of coming down in the woods they flew over my head(3 birds) to the feild. Well my buddy that was with me and i decided we would try to crawl to the feild edge. Its a steep creek bank and were at the bottom of it and the creek runs around the feild so it was perfect to give us cover to sneak to the feild. i poke my head up and there 30 yards away are 3 gobblers. I had told my buddy that if we had a chance to double we would. Well the gobblers were walking away so i let them get out of sight so i could put my decoy in the edge of the feild. Well we got ready and i yelped to them and they came running in. They got to 25 yards and my buddy couldnt see them because of the rise in the feild. Well he moves and the turkey saw him. Well he was on my left and i was on the right. The agreement was whichever side you were on woud be the side you would shoot the turkey from. Well the turkeys start to turn to leave i told him we have to shoot....i counted 1...2...3...boom.....i shot then he shot......my turkey went down and my buddies ran for parts unknown. Well i thanked the LORD and we celebrated for a few minutes. Well....i start looking my bird over.....5 inch beard 1/4 inch spurs and 14 pounds. Once again not my biggiest turkey but GOD blessed me with another beutifull bird and i couldnt be and prouder. My season started very slow but picked up at the end......IM GLAD ITS OVER BUT MAN I CANT WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!! :D

Last edited by reed on Mon May 15, 2006 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 15, 2006 7:52 am
King of Spring

Way to go Reed! Sounds like a great way to close out the season. Couldn't be happier for you.

Mon May 15, 2006 7:55 am
Profile YIM
Longbeard

Mon May 15, 2006 8:03 am
Boss Gobbler

Mon May 15, 2006 8:05 am
Profile WWW
Longbeard

Mon May 15, 2006 9:56 am
King of Spring

Take me Home Country Roads.

Mon May 15, 2006 10:07 am
King of Spring

Good job, I know what you mean by glad it's over but cant wait till next year...

Mon May 15, 2006 5:42 pm