View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:30 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 26  Next
 WHO ARE YOU? 
King of Spring

I'm Hal Abbott. 46 years old with a wife, five kids, and one grandson. I trade poultry and import electronic components for a living. I grew up in Camden Co. NC, and have lived in Garner, NC since 1993.

My first turkey hunt was in 1987. Never killed a turkey till 1999. Finished a grand slam in 2002.

Hal

Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:21 pm
Profile WWW
Poult

Hi, my name is Zac Hale and I live in Richlands,Va. And deeply enjoy turkey hunting.

Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:27 pm
King of Spring

My name is Chester live in NC, hunt Ga, Va, NC.

Last edited by T.W. on Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:22 am
Poult

Post Jim
I'm Jim from Staunton Virginia. Computer programming in the area.

Partners in American Wildlife Taxidermy in Staunton ( www.hidetech.com )

Also run Virginia Outdoor Life ( http://www.virginiaoutdoorlife.com )

Nice to be here, can't wait for april!

Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:23 pm
Profile WWW
Longbeard

Hello my name is Tony wright, I just found your website and joined today. I am fourty years old, i have a wonderful wife, a son(7) and a daughter 5) I have been chasing these southwestern birds for almost 30 years and collected my 40th longbeard last year. i am also proud to say that my son took his first longbeard last year at the age of 6 and is now hooked for life. i really enjoy taking others to the woods , so if you live near just give me a shout.

Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:01 am
King of Spring

Hi, my name is Ryan and I'm a sophomore at Virginia Tech. I went turkey hunting for my first time a few days last season, but this season I've put a lot more work into it (patterning, scouting, reading this website and the nwtf message board, watched some videos) so hopefully I'll bag my first gobbler this season. I know I've had a blast just getting out there and scouting listening to those gobbles echo through the woods.I also got my first deer this past fall. It wasn't anything impressive, just a button buck, but it was on the last day of the rifle season. It was a lot of fun, and next season hopefully I can get something a little bigger. I'm also a Hokie football fanatic. I actually played football and baseball in high school.

Ryan

Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:52 am
Poult

I live in Alexandria, Virginia.

I am 25 and I'm an Electrical Engineer. I work for the US Department of Commerce at the US Patent & Trademark Office.

I move to Virginia 3 years ago from Wisconsin. I've hunted for 13 years now. I had alot of success back in Wisconsin since I had so much private land but I haven't gotten a Virginia turkey yet. I just love getting out in the woods and I'm looking forward to getting my first Virginia gobbler.

Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:10 pm
Poult

My name is Brandon coffey. I am 18 years old and this spring will be my third year hunting turkeys. I killed my first one last spring in suffolk va. (if there is anyone in my area that would consider themselves a goog diaphram caller i would love to sit with somebody and get some pointers)[

Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:01 am
Poult

My name is Jody. I am assistant principal at Nelson Middle School. I am happily marreid with two girls. Hopefully they will have enough tom boy in them to go hunting when they get old enough! I am 32 and been hunting ever since my grandfather took me when I was "knee high to a grasshopper".

Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:45 am
King of Spring

Post PROFILE
My name is Jim and i've been spring gobbler hunting since i was 9 years old. No other sport like it. I live in western Va between lexington and clifton forge. How I began spring gobbler hunting is fairly simple. One morning in the spring of 1983 my dad woke me up around 5 a.m. I thought we were going trout fishing until dad told me to put on camoflauge, (not quite the patterns we have today). We headed out to a familiar squirrel hunting spot and entered the woods. We walked for a while and watched as the first glimpse of daylight lit up the sky behind the mountain. Dad said "ok, let's stop here and give 'em a try. He said "be quiet and listen" and made a call. Dad said did you hear that?!. The rest is history. Every bird I harvest or even hear makes me think of that morning. I hope everyone that reads this post shares the same passion.

Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:59 pm
Poult

Post New to Virginia Beach
George Rousseau here,

I will be moving to the Lynnhaven Woods area of Virginia Beach with my wife in July. We just bought a home near her sister and brother-in-law. I am 37 years old and was born and raised in Southern California. Selling my house and taking the cash and leaving!! Ca is really doing a death spiral. Looking forward to moving to a red state from blue.

Anyway, wife teaches high school Spanish and video production. I work in mortgage lending and I am also a real estate appraiser. I hunt mainly gambel quail and chukar out in the Mojave Desert areas of CA about 4 hours from Los Angeles. Do a lot of fly fishing, tuna fishing, and wreck diving. Lucky for me............I can do all of that in Virginia Beach. Anyway, I've never hunted turkey in CA because of lack of good public land areas in the southern areas. I am very excited about trying for turkey, grouse, ducks, and bob white quail in Virginia. I am looking for some info on turkey and waterfowl guides in my area of Hampton Roads. My brother-in-law is active Navy so I don't know if that gives us some access to military property hunting?? I have Bob Gooch's book on hunting.............by the way..............how is the permit hunting on some of the power and logging company land? Thanks for any info.

George :D

Wed May 10, 2006 7:13 pm
Longbeard

Hi, my name is Randy and I'm 42 years young, I work in the building industry, I have wife and three children 2 boys 14 and 7, and a daughter 14 months and we live in Bluemont Va. My wife says I'm sick, she can't understand why anybody would get out of bed every morning at 4:00 am for 6 weeks to chase some bird around the woods. I'm glad to see this sickness is shared by so many others. I've been turkey hunting for 20 plus years and I can't get enough of it.

Fri May 19, 2006 2:27 pm
Longbeard

Hi all. I'm FrankD. I live in Lynchburg (Bedford County part) and will be participating in my first hunt ever this upcoming turkey season. A friend of mine talked me into it, so I figured why not, right?

'Bout me. Hmm? I'm 33, originally from NYC. Grew up all over VA from Front Royal all the way down to Staunton before joining the Navy and leaving for 6 years. Ended up with a job in Lynchburg. I am a professional computer geek by trade - Network Administrator. I recently purchased a Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag Thumbhole Turkey Series and am looking forward to setting out soon and checking out some patterns.

Other than that, I'm just your average Joe...err...Frank.

Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:39 pm
Jake

I have been hunting since 1992.And took it me 5 years to get my first turkey.

That was in 1997 on the second day of the North Carolina season.

He weighted 22 lbs with 10 1/4" beard and 1 " spurs.

I took him on gamelands near where I live.

I have taken a total of 8 longbeards,2 jakes,and bearded hen to date.

I took my first buck in 1997 in Alabama while hunting with my brother-in-law.

I have taken 4 bucks and two does to date.

I also love flyfishing for mountain trout.

I really like this site.

It is filled with fine folks.

Thanks,Mike

Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:19 am
Poult

Post New to the site
This is my first post :)

Im from Charles City, VA and I work as a 911 Dispatcher in Williamsburg. I've been hunting deer for years and my husband has tryed for 6yrs to get me to hunt turkey and I refused (thought they were dumb ugly birds) well last spring I went turkey hunting by myself (just because I could go in the woods with a gun) and I called up a big bird, he did not get close anoth because another hunter ran him off but needless to say I WAS HOOKED!!! I worked alot of birds that season and harvasted a jake, also set up decoy in a field of green wheat and called a appox 10in breard gobbler and he struted in the green field with the sun on him but I missed. I was so hooked I was driving to work at 11 at night looking for turkeys (now how many have you seen at night!) When bow season came in this year for deer I was my normal excited self to deer hunt TILL I found out I could get a turkey with my bow DEER, WHAT DEER! If a deer would have walked up it would have scared the crap out of me because all I could think about was a turkey, did not get one with bow but did with muzzleloader, I called him in first week of muzzleloader and you would have thought it was spring, he gobbled all the way, shot him at 45yds, did not touch the breast meat but needless to say I did not have to gut him the 50cal took care of that, he had an 8in breard THANK GOD now I can concentrate on deer hunting! My husband says he will not be able to stand my about 2 weeks before turkey season this spring he may have to move out!! Turkeys are not dumb ulgy birds :!:

Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:05 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 26  Next