View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:20 am

Some very sad news to report! 
King of Spring

I'm very saddened to hear of our friend's passing. But, I can't help but smile at the thought of a man dying while doing something he loves so much. Still, I imagine it doesn't make much difference to his family what he was doing.

May God pour out an extra measure of grace on his family & friends as they go through this difficult time.

Thu May 04, 2006 11:18 pm
King of Spring

I will be praying for his family,and friends. That is alot for them to bear so suddenly. God please grant them the strength , and Your presence be felt in that situation, In Jesus' name Amen. I hope jamie was a believer for then I know he is in a better place than we. I feel for you who new him, I have enjoyed his conversation here.

Thu May 04, 2006 11:21 pm
Boss Gobbler

VA Turkey.com has sent flowers from each and eveyone of us...

Fri May 05, 2006 8:12 am
Profile WWW
thoughts and prayers go out to his family....and especially his little girl (he had a 10 year old daughter right?)

I didn't know Jamie, just read his posts on here. I lost my father when I was 11, and I know it's very tough for someone so young to lose a parent. God bless and comfort her and the whole family.

Fri May 05, 2006 11:33 am
King of Spring

I am sorry for the families loss. It is never easy whether expected or sudden.

Freddy, do we need to chip in some to help cover the cost of the flowers?

"Turkey hunting, when you knock all the feathers off it, is a game of infinite variables, played on a field of unlimited dimension, against an opponent who doesn't know the rules and wouldn't play by them if he did." ...Jim Spencer

Fri May 05, 2006 11:59 am
Boss Gobbler

My thoughts and prayers to Jamie's family and friends. I hated to hear of his passing.

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Sat May 06, 2006 7:11 am
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Our prayers are with him. I'm sure he will be missed. Agree with GN...there are worse places to be called by God.
Next time we're out listening for the pre-dawn darkness to be shattered by a gobble...take a moment of silence and prayer for him and his family and be thankful for another morning.

"A man who insists on adherence to the facts when it comes to his hunting exploits, size of fish...abilities of his bird dog...is an untrustworthy fellow. A fine sporting liar is a gentleman & someone whose acquaintance should be cherished" R. Ruark.

Sat May 06, 2006 9:20 am
2 Year Old

Thoughts and prayers come to the family and friends...

Sun May 07, 2006 6:50 am
King of Spring

I hate to hear this news, as said above, you get the feeling that you know people just from this site and isabigone is one of my favorites allways with interesting posts and kind words of reply even when you were just doing a little bragging, He replied to a post of mine last week and said he would be taking his daughter hunting that week, does anyone know if she was able to get a bird?

Sun May 07, 2006 10:59 pm
Longbeard

He and his family will be in my prayers. Very sad news.....hope his family are doing ok. Freedy thanks for sending the flowers from all of us here....that was very thoughtful.....

Mon May 08, 2006 8:34 am
Longbeard

My prayers are with the family. He'll be greatly missed.

Mon May 08, 2006 1:01 pm
King of Spring

Guys been so busy at work and with home life haven't poated or even looked at the board in a while, this is very sad news. May his soul find it's way to Jesus's happy hunting grounds. His family is in our prayers.

Mon May 08, 2006 6:01 pm
Profile YIM
Boss Gobbler

The funeral services for James (Jamie) Alan Mason, 48, of 707 Circle Court, Martinsville, who died Wednesday, May 3, 2006, at Memorial Hospital, were held at 3 p.m. at the First Baptist Church of Martinsville on Saturday, May 6, 2006. Dr. David Adkins, Dick Hensley, and Corky Corcoran were the officiating ministers. Jamie was born in Martinsville on February 21, 1958, to Wolletta Aipia Colonna, now residing in Lexington, Va., and the late Hugh E. Mason. In addition to his Mother, surviving are his wife, April Eggleston Mason and daughter, Brooke Danielle Mason, both of the home; a son, James Brandon Kimo Mason of Burlington, N.C.; a brother, Jeffrey Lee Mason and wife, Angelia, of Lexington, Va., and their children Victoria, Alexandra and Ashley. Jamie is also survived by his beloved Uncle Bozo Aipia, Aunties Girlie Keane and Priscilla Lowe, and his extended warm and loving Hawaiian Family. Jamie also had loving family members in Gaffney, South Carolina, where his Father, Hugh E. Mason, had grown up. He was a 1976 graduate of Martinsville High School and a passionate member of the football, wrestling, and track and field teams. Jamie attended Lord Fairfax Community College, received an associates degree from Patrick Henry Community College, and a bachelors degree from Old Dominion University where he was a member of numerous scholastic societies. He was an active and supportive member of the Martinsville High School Booster Club as well as several local hunting clubs. Jamie worked as a CHINS (Children In Need of Supervision) case manager for the Pittsylvania County Court Services unit, where he lovingly touched the lives of many young children and teens. Jamie also showed his entrepreneurial spirit during his ownership of Whitetail Archery from 1990 to 1994, where he befriended much of the Martinsville and Henry County hunting community. In addition to leading an active role in the community, Jamie found peace and enjoyment in the great outdoors, where he spent much of his time hunting and fishing. As an extraordinarily successful outdoorsman, he took pleasure in sharing those experiences with everyone around him, including his children and other family and friends. Jamie will not only be remembered for his stories of grandeur with nature, but also for his remarkable kindness in helping his fellow outdoorsmen in their hunt as well. Jamie found great joy in being a loving husband and tender guide to his children, as well as a comforting spirit to the rest of his family. Though it may have been disguised by his strong and burly stature, he was a remarkable listener and "gentle giant" to those who knew him. Because of his kind soul, he touched the lives of many and was a blessing to those around him.

Tue May 09, 2006 1:50 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Very sad to hear about a life cut so short, especially for the little ones left behind....

Tue May 09, 2006 10:27 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

My heart goes out to the family. My prayers go with them too.

vic

Wed May 10, 2006 8:02 am