View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 3:26 am

New vest suggestions 
Longbeard

Post New vest suggestions
I am in the market for a new turkey vest and am taking suggestions. What I am looking for is
1) Comfort
2) Not hot
3) Storage space

I have looked at quite a few but not sure what way to go. None seem to have it all. The most comfortable ones I tried at Bass Pro seemed heavy and hot. The breathable one I tried didn't have enough storage space. Suggestions appreciated. Maybe rate them on a 1-10 with ten being super. Thanks!!

Thu May 04, 2006 8:07 am
King of Spring

Talk to Freddy about the new satchel he used this year. Haven't heard any updates from him lately, but sounds promisiing.

Thu May 04, 2006 9:31 am
Profile YIM
Boss Gobbler

I decided this year to try a bandolier style and so far, after 25+ days afield, I am pretty satisfied. A couple things I would probably change but it's definately cooler than a vest and everything is really accessable. It can be a little bit unwieldy and noisey when moving through some thicker areas but probably no worse than a vest. The seat has a strap that you can just put over your head and the seat is folded up and out of the way when moving.

I also carry an extra cushion with me (Primos Deke Seat with backpack straps) since I can run out of butt patience pretty quick.

Here is a link to the website and a pic of the one that I am using (sort of... this one is a little different)...

http://www.little-bighorn.com

Thu May 04, 2006 1:32 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

http://www.sophuntinggear.com/beardbust ... ?page=t002

Here's a belt pouch that i've been using for 2 seasons. Love it. I also carry a primos deke-seat over the shoulder. much cooler and much less weight to tote around.

"A man who insists on adherence to the facts when it comes to his hunting exploits, size of fish...abilities of his bird dog...is an untrustworthy fellow. A fine sporting liar is a gentleman & someone whose acquaintance should be cherished" R. Ruark.

Thu May 04, 2006 9:22 pm
King of Spring

http://www.sophuntinggear.com/beardbust ... ?page=t006

another version

"A man who insists on adherence to the facts when it comes to his hunting exploits, size of fish...abilities of his bird dog...is an untrustworthy fellow. A fine sporting liar is a gentleman & someone whose acquaintance should be cherished" R. Ruark.

Thu May 04, 2006 9:23 pm
Boss Gobbler

I started using the Mossy Elite 3-D this season. I love it! Much lighter & cooler then the Elite II. Still plenty of storage. Only problem is throns and the 3-D leaves. It's not as bad as my bug 3-D suit but the thorns can still play heck. Especially on old clear cuts :lol: infested with blackberries.

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Sat May 06, 2006 7:15 am
Profile WWW