View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:37 am

Some very sad news to report! 
Poult

Post Some very sad news to report!
For those of you that don't know Jamie Mason aka " iisabigone" died yesterday doing one of the things that he loved most. He collapsed while turkey hunting. Some of you may remember Jamie as the guy who owned Whitetail Archery years ago here in Martinsville. Jamie was a big man physically but he was also larger than life. I don't think he ever met a stranger. I know when he owned the archery shop he did a lot to keep a lot of kids out of trouble. He got many kids interested in archery and bowhunting instead of bad influences. I myself owe him a huge debt of gratitude. Although I only hunted with him a few times he taught me a tremendous amount about bowhunting and turkey hunting just by listening to him.
One saving grace is I know he had had a wonderful turkey season. I think in recent days he had tagged out and yesterday he was trying to call one up for someone else. That's just the kind of guy he was. I know he had also hunted a lot this season with his ten year old daughter which I know from personal experience is priceless.
My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. He will truly be missed. I just hope where he is now all his birds come in strutting and gobbling the whole way. No more silent toms. :(

Thu May 04, 2006 8:33 am
Boss Gobbler

This is terrible news... our thoughts and prayers go out to his family. He was just posting here on Tuesday and made a comment about taking a friend out.

A member of the board emailed me this AM and thought it would be a nice gesture to send some flowers. Hub... do you think you could get us an address please?

Thu May 04, 2006 8:55 am
Profile WWW
King of Spring

I've added his family to my prayer list. Correct me if I'm wrong Freddy, but I think this is the first board member we have lost to the Great Turkey Hunting Grounds? Really sorry about this loss.

Thu May 04, 2006 9:30 am
Profile YIM
King of Spring

Genesis 27:29-31

29 May nations serve you
and peoples bow down to you.
Be lord over your brothers,
and may the sons of your mother bow down to you.
May those who curse you be cursed
and those who bless you be blessed."

30 After Isaac finished blessing him and Jacob had scarcely left his father's presence, his brother Esau came in from hunting. 31 He too prepared some tasty food and brought it to his father. Then he said to him, "My father, sit up and eat some of my game, so that you may give me your blessing."

It's funny how we talk on here daily...never meeting most the people we chat with. But somehow it's like you've known them forever.

The Mizell's will add the family to our prayers

Happy hunting Big :wink:

Thu May 04, 2006 11:13 am
King of Spring

My prayers are with his family.. I enjoyed his postings and stories.. He will now chase gobblers from a better place..

Take me Home Country Roads.

Thu May 04, 2006 11:46 am
King of Spring

Post some very sad news to report
May God watch over the Mason family as they deal with a great loss.

barry

Thu May 04, 2006 11:58 am
2 Year Old

What sad news to read this morning. Our prayers are with the Mason family and for the PEACE THAT PASSES ALL UNDERSTANDING to surround them and protect them, but just not everyday but a double portion of that PEACE during the weeks to come.

Thu May 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Profile WWW
Co-Owner/Dog Feeder

My deepest sympathy to his family. But if I have to go...this is the way I would want to leave here.

Thu May 04, 2006 1:02 pm
Longbeard

Hub I just came in from the garden and picked up the paper and I about fall over.I had not heard and man what a shock.I have never hunted with Jamie but knew him well.He sure left a lot of pleasent memories.He and his daughters picture were in the paper a week or so back with a nice bird.Jamie had a real nasty fall from a deer stand a few years back, it makes you wonder if that might have had something to do with this.Our thoughts and prayers are sure with his family.Yes Hub you are surely right the man really touched the lives of a lot of young people.But it ain.t all bad , what a way to go doing what you live and love so much.There is a better place than this ol'world of sin and sorrow my friends."Keep Looking Up"

Thu May 04, 2006 1:24 pm
King of Spring

That's really upsetting, my thoughts and prayers are with his family. I really enjoyed reading his posts here on the forum. I'm assuming he had a heart attack???

Ryan

Last edited by HokieGobbler on Thu May 04, 2006 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 04, 2006 2:19 pm
I am sorry it took so long to get back with you. The address is
707 Circle Court
Martinsville, VA. 24112

That would be a very nice gesture.

Thu May 04, 2006 2:32 pm
King of Spring

Our thoughts and prayers are with his family. May the Lord God grant you all the peace which only he can.

Max

Thu May 04, 2006 3:42 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Very sad news for sure. We will keep his family in our prayers!!

Doug

Thu May 04, 2006 4:16 pm
King of Spring

Very sad news. I never knew him but judging from what you all have said about him in this post I wish I had. Be happy to do anything for the family, just say the word.

Thu May 04, 2006 4:19 pm
Longbeard

Just called the funeral director and the visitation will be at Norris Funeral tomorrow from 6:30 until 8:30 and the funeral at First Baptist Church at Martinsville Sat.(I think 2 PM)

Thu May 04, 2006 4:48 pm