View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 8:18 am

Strange Thing Happened 
Longbeard

Post Strange Thing Happened
Went out to a friends farm this morning and walked a few hundred yards and set up and got an ol'biggen talking and he did the same as one time before he flew to the river bottom (posted land) and all of a sudden a big hen flew up in the tree over my head.She cutt at me for the longest time,couldn't believe that she would set up there looking at me and dekes and fuss . I thought this just might work out. Finally the gobbler gobbled out and she flew right to him.Every day is different thats what makes it so much fun.

Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:13 pm
King of Spring

You have been at this a lot longer than I have and probably don't wish for any advice from me.. but I would have waved my hand and pulled my face mask down and flushed the hen off, maybe the Gobbler would have come back in looking for her later..

Take me Home Country Roads.

Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:24 pm
I agree with wvboy. I would have tried to spook that hen as far away(opposite) direction from the gobbler as possible. I believe that makes your chances better of getting him to commit to u.

Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:11 pm
2 Year Old

my luck i would have spooked her right to the gobbler. They don't alway go where you want them to go, even when trying to flush them

Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:06 pm
Profile YIM