View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 6:16 am

Reward: For locating lost JU JU 
King of Spring

Post Reward: For locating lost JU JU
My sock and underwear thing, I have discovered, is only weekly......Went outside of Farmville last week, and got my "A" handed to me by a wise old tom....3 days couldn't get him.......and he done the same thing everyday, gobbled his head off, and stayed put......somehow, I'm getting good at finding these......I told Dad that if I wanted to deal with that, I coulda stayed home and saved the vacation time.....went through 3 different t shirts, 6pr of sox, and 3 pr of underwear.....but it was good time spent with my Pops.

Today, I missed.......I did manage to blow a stranded fence all to pieces.....those Nitro's are impressive, at 5 yards they do a number on wire fences....I suspect that after hitting the wire, my pattern went everywhere.....I couldn't hit that piece of wire if I aiming at it....I watched the strutting gobbler for 2 HOURS AND 15 MINUTES within 50 yards, my leg cramped and I resisted crying....I did manage to fill my vest up with morals, which was what I was doing when the gobbler made me dive for the nearest tree....daggummit.......

I think I'm gonna sacrifice a chicken this evening, make some dumplins, put a couple of drops of blood on my gun to clear up the miss.......fry those morals up and try it again in the morning......with different sox, t, and underwear...

Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:12 pm
Boss Gobbler

I think I'm gonna sacrifice a chicken this evening, make some dumplins, put a couple of drops of blood on my gun to clear up the miss.......fry those morals up and try it again in the morning......with different sox, t, and underwear...

FB... I'll join you...

I actually made the mistake of changing socks for todays hunt... :shock: :roll:

It came back to bite me... see "catching up" post!

Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:21 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

I just read it........rough day for the McGuire's today.

Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:13 pm
Co-Owner/Dog Feeder

mysugestion is to try to take a few days off a nd rest a little..you can hunt a lot better when you are not exhausted. Plus find those socks again and this time get them on the correct feet...

Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:00 pm
2 Year Old

yeah, them nitros are pretty good to be so cheap......i switched over to them, now I can take a 60 yard shot if i want too.....but i still like getting them in close......my last bird i had withing 15 steps of me, nitros dropped him dead, he didn't even flap on the way to the ground.....i can believe you shredded that fence to bits with that shot

Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:05 pm
Profile YIM
King of Spring

mysugestion is to try to take a few days off a nd rest a little..

I can't do it......I feel like I'm gonna miss something if I'm not there when I can be.

Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:07 pm
King of Spring

Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:36 am
Co-Owner/Dog Feeder

Rhino, we have had him under observation for some time now...the symptoms popped pretty early on this one ,and he is perhaps incurable at any early age: " hello, my name is Fullback 24, and I am a turkeyholic...." He has joined some pretty good company in the meetings though, if you ask me.

Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:52 am
King of Spring

Carefull or they we be starting a 12 step program for us!

Vic

Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:12 pm
King of Spring

mysugestion is to try to take a few days off a nd rest a little..you can hunt a lot better when you are not exhausted

. . . huh . . . what? . . . sleep . . . yes . . . must . . . sleep . . . NO . . . must . . . hunt . . . hunt . . . turk . . . zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:29 pm
King of Spring

Working 11-7 this week.......leaving work at 7.....getting in the woods about 7:30.......

Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:51 am