View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 11:25 am

Grumby Gobbler 
Longbeard

Post Grumby Gobbler
This was told to me by a friend that saw it all.
There was a midget softball game being played at one of our local churches late one afternoon. Off to the side one of lady coaches was playing catch with a young seven year old future ball player. The young lad happened to see a group of wild turkeys feeding at the edge of the woods and ball field. So he told the lady he was going to run down there and see the turkeys, off he went with the lady following. Just before he reached the turkey the grumpy old gobbler charged him. With the boy screaming and gobbler chasing him he ran towards the lady. She saw the gobbler trying to flog the boy so she stepped out to confront the grumpy old gobbler with her only weapon ...the ball glove. This didn't deter the ticked off old gobbler, she would do just fine!
Well while the lady coach was fending off the mad gobbler which was putting some super flogging moves on her, one of the other coaches saw what was happening. He grabs a bat and heads towards the outfield. In the meantime the gobbler happens to see this guy running towards him with a Louisville Slugger and decides its time to get the flock out of there. So he takes off runnning back into the woods with all his hens in tow.
No harm done to the boy or lady coach. But due to the bad misbehavior of the grumpy old gobbler and his preveious record of incidents, the TWRA was call upon for help.
They came and captured the grumpy old gobbler and his flock of floozy hens and relocated them to parts unknown! :lol:
GS...

Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:24 pm
King of Spring

Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:36 pm
2 Year Old

I can't even imagine a turkey attacking me. But, I have been attacked by geese before, and they are very mean, and after watching a couple of jakes fight for a minute or so this morning, they can be quite vicious.

Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:09 pm
Profile YIM