View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:47 am

Welcome to the new style board... 
Boss Gobbler

Post Welcome to the new style board...
Welcome! :D I'm sure you are here because of the post on the other board. Please check out the new forum, register if you would like, play around with things and see how you like it. Please submit all feedback, problems, and suggestions to me at freddym@vaturkey.com

Good luck and hope you enjoy!

Freddy
AKA "VA Turkey"

Last edited by Freddy on Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:53 pm
Profile WWW
Boss Gobbler

Post How to post a picture?
Here are simple directions on one option for posting your photos on VA Turkey:

1) Go to www.photobucket.com and register or log on.

2) You will come to a page that has an "add picture" space. Hit the "Browse" button and locate the picture you have saved on your computer. Select that picture and then hit "submit"

3) The picture will upload to the Photobucket album and offer you three options: Url, Tag, and Img. Highlight and copy the Img line in its entirety.

4) Paste the Img line into your VA Turkey post. Submit it and you are done!

Tip: To avoid pictures being too large for the VA Turkey page, try something no larger than 60 kb or so. To find out the size of your photo file, right click on it where you have it saved in your computer and select "properties". Photobucket has an edit feature allowing you to reduce a photo by 25, 50, and 75%.

Please experiement as much as you like...

Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:53 pm
Profile WWW
Poult

looks good think i can get use to it... thanks for all you do

Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:43 pm
Boss Gobbler

No problem turkeyamature... what did you post under on the old board?

I don't want to give anyone message board shock so I will be leaving the old board up for a while. There is quite a difference in the boards so we will make the change gradually I hope.

I think everyone will like the new board once they get used to it. Message board pros like TScott will take off and run with it... :)

One of the main reasons for the change was the large amount of image files that I was hosting through the old board. I've already had to upgrade my server space and it was filling up fast, and I think this new board with help with that. I can't afford another space upgrade... :cry:

Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:14 pm
Profile WWW
Boss Gobbler

One of the nicer features about the new board is the ability to go back and edit a post you made. How many times have you made a post and said "Crap! Look at that spelling" or maybe said something that came across the wrong way after you posted it. If you are a registered user you can now go back and edit a post later on.

BTW, you will also notice the Moderator list for each topic. Currently myself and HODY are the moderators so if you have any problems or see a post getting out of hand just let one of us know through email or a PM (Private Message).

In fact... if a registered user could do a test and send me a private message that would be great! :P Just click the PM button below this message! That's another cool feature that registered users have!

Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:21 pm
Profile WWW

Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:37 pm
Longbeard

Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:44 pm
Poult

Freddy, i did a lot more watching and learning than posting. Did chime in once in a while chris estes. did not ever sign up an account on old board. I have only been turkey hunting (spring) for 3 years now but i am hooked and you guys have helped a lot.....

Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:49 pm
King of Spring

This'll work just fine! Congrats on the new digs!

Hey Freddy, I thought I heard a shot come from....oh wait a minute, this comment is deer related. I'll go over there :lol:

Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:18 pm
Boss Gobbler

Like the new look! Looks great Freddy! Pro? naahh :wink:

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:02 pm
Profile WWW
Post test

Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:22 am
King of Spring

Post This is Great!
Great job Freddy. This new format should help more people get to the information they are looking for quicker. :shock:

Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:30 am
Profile YIM
Boss Gobbler

Post Just a reminder...
If you are registered you must log in before you can post using your registered username. There is a checkbox on the login screen that you can select that will automatically log you in when you visit the site. That makes it a little easier! There are quite a few advantages to registering so don't be shy and register. If you can't register because of work or something we understand and will let you slide... :lol:

Also... we will never sell or broadcast your email address so don't worry about that!

Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:05 pm
Profile WWW
Boss Gobbler

Post Sorry... this is just a test!
Quote:
Fat Head!

I'm testing the quote feature!

Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:32 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Looks like a great format Freddy. I am sure we will like it a lot with a little gettig used to it.

Ron

"Turkey hunting, when you knock all the feathers off it, is a game of infinite variables, played on a field of unlimited dimension, against an opponent who doesn't know the rules and wouldn't play by them if he did." ...Jim Spencer

Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:15 pm