View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:29 am

Waited all Morning. 
King of Spring

Post Waited all Morning.
A young friend and I hunted together sat morning ( he has turned 16 and so gets no head start any more, has to wait on the rest of us :lol: ) Wasn't raining at daylight so we thought we were set. Well it was dead calm and quiet.......And stayed quiet, not a peep. we toured the mt, waited out a couple showers( napped under dry rock overhangs, pays to know where they are), at 10:00 the sun trys to shine through but not quite. Still not one gobble . We are heading back towards the truck and call down a steep hollow at 10:45,Finally a gobble greets us. This hollow is steeeeep and laurel choked. I called again a he rips off 10 gobbles in a row. :lol: . So we take off for a finger ridge I know is open and get down to him a little, and set up. One call and he comes up gobbling and strutting, 20 ga pops and the Forest Prize is his. 10:58. 2 yo, 17lbs, 8 1/4 beard, 3/4 spurs. It only takes a few minutes to make your morning!

Last edited by Bird Dog on Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:14 pm
King of Spring

Great job you are right when you feel like nothing happening it can change in no time. That is why it pays to stick in there!!

Doug

Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:48 pm
yep nice job stickin in there u were well rewarded. glad u had better luck than i. keep'em gobblin boys and girls and above all just have fun :D

Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:07 pm
Longbeard

Good job Bird Dog. I know how things can change fast in the turkey woods.
GS...

Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:18 pm