View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:46 am

Poison Ivy & mosquitoes: 
Longbeard

Post Poison Ivy & mosquitoes:
Beware! It is active already. I went out Saturday for the youth hunt with my nephew and I am covered up from head to toe with the stuff. I'm extremely shocked that the sap is already up in the nasty stuff. Calamine isn't helping to much do you know of anything else that works to dry it up and relive the itch. I will hate to still have it by this coming Saturday. Mosquitoes are bad already to well they are here in Dickenson Co anyways just be cautious of that also when you go out opening day. Pack some bug spray with you.

Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:43 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
King of Spring

afulle03... You may want to check out the Thermacell Mosquito Repellant. Convenient and you don't have to worry with using bug spray. They are 22 bucks at Cabela's.

They also have the portable holster for it that you can get seperately for 10 bucks... comes in very handy for attaching to your vest or belt.

Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:12 am
King of Spring

There is some new kind of Poison Ivy remedy that you can get at any drugstore. I'm not positive but it's called something like "Ivy Itch" or something along those lines. You'll recognize it when you see it.

Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:06 pm
King of Spring

Post poison ivy and mosquitos
Hey Turkenator,
I've been looking at those Thermacell Insect repellers.
I assume you have one, does it work?

barry

Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:35 pm
King of Spring

Barry - I do have one and believe me it works! I don't know that it keeps them away the distance they claim it does... but it definitely keeps them from bugging you too death!

Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:08 pm
2 Year Old

I love my thermacell when I'm sitting still. It isn't as useful if I'm on the move.

Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:24 pm
I am a true believer and promoter!!! Hunting here in the SC Lowcountry we have skeeters big enough to well you know what to turkeys!! The Thermacell really works!!

Go to http://www.mosquitorepellent.com and buy the summer pack for refills, much cheaper than buying them in the small packs!!

I also use them down here during deer season as ours starts Aug 15. Can you imagine what the bugs are like down here at that time?

Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:04 pm