View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 4:19 am

Need Rain! 
King of Spring

Post Need Rain!
We have gotten <2 tenths, .2, this month at my house and this after a large deficit already this year. Except for forsythia and pear trees it looks like january around here. Is anybody else this dry?

Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:06 am
Boss Gobbler

Yep... the greenup is really slow because of it too. Pastures that would normally be a pretty green are still brown. Just now seeing the turkeys use some of them. We got a few good showers last night but they were scattered. It'll rain opening day... wait and see! :wink:

Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:15 am
Profile WWW
Longbeard

I work for a Fire Department and I agree that we need RAIN. All the woods are burning up here. There was a 275 acre fire in Prince William Nat. Forest. This land adjoins Quantico MCB. I hope this will not hurt this years hatch.

Tom

Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:37 am
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Post need rain
I manage a farm in Bedford, VA and I don't think people understand just how dry we are. It's gettin' serious.

barry

Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:38 pm
Longbeard

We had a pretty good rain/ wet snow mix all day Sat. Last night it rained about 1/2 in. here in the mountains. We could use quite a bit more, it's been dry here also.
Keep em Gobblin!
Struttinbird

Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:59 pm
King of Spring

Post Need rain...
Had a good snow fall Sat, and sleet followed... (tracked a couple of birds Sunday...but we need lots of moisture...agree with Freddy...it will prob rain opening day plus lots thru the season..

Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:48 pm
Profile YIM
King of Spring

. . . it can rain all during the season, turkeys are still there . . . as long as it lets up for a couple of weeks when those little guys are hatching

Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:31 am
2 Year Old

You can have all the moisture you want from me. I got another 8 inches of snow last night and it is still comming down pretty hard. You provide the pick up and transporation (Please start in my diveway).

Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:23 pm
King of Spring

Its dry here in Central PA. Everytime they call for rain we get none. We had very little snow this winter so if we have a really dry spring the hatch might be good but we're in deep trouble regarding the water table.

-Eric

Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:00 pm
Post Rain !!!!
It'll start raining next Sat. and rain for a week :cry: :cry:

Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:18 pm
Poult

In Northern California it has rained 26 out of the last 32 days with no end in sight.

The turkey season opened on March 25th and we have had one day without rain. When it is this wet the turkeys move downhill, we are at 700 feet, to the apple orchards to feed on the fruit that has fallen to the ground and dried up.

If we could send you some of this rainy weather in exchange for some sunshine it would be a great deal for both of us. :P

Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:05 pm