View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:45 am

RED DOT SIGHTS 
Poult

Post RED DOT SIGHTS
I plan to compare red dot sights for my 9.3x62 Bbl. which is used primarily for Sambar stalking. Most of my Sambar hunting is done in forest where visibility is rarely more than 50 to 60 metres.

I shouldered a double rifle mounted with an Aimpoint Micro H-1 recently and fell in love with the idea of fast acquisition/shooting with both eyes - new concept to me...but I think it has merit for the Sambar hunting I do.

QUESTION 1: What red dot sight(s) have you used or would recommend for this application? Pro's and con's?

QUESTION 2: Will the red dot sight (Eg., Aimpoint H1, with 4 MOA illuminated dot or Trijicon 1x TriPower 30mm Reflex Sight) work best for Sambar forest stalking in low light as compared to, say 1.1-4x24 (eg., S&B Zenith No. 7 flashdot or Zeiss Varipoint illum.)? Vast price difference between the two types/scopes noted ($700 vs. $2000+).

QUESTION 3: Has anyone tried an Aimpoint magnifier? I guess it triples the red dot MOA!? Specifically an Aimpoint 3x magnifier with QD mounted front of an Aimpoint Micro or Comp ML3 (470grams combined weight - approx. same weight as the Zenith 1.1-4x24).

Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:04 am
Profile WWW