View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:46 pm

Finally found the spot? 
King of Spring

Post Finally found the spot?
I have been running traps on my homeplace at least a few nights every year for the last 10 years and I have caught a lot fox and coon there, but never a yote. I have only ever seen one on the place and that was in August last year. I find there poop once in a blue moon. I have heard them sound off 2-3 time in the last 10 years. I get 2-3 pics on trail cams every year. In other words they are around, but not thick.

I set up a trial cam near an entrance where we have had problems with trespassers/theft. Pulled the card after 3 weeks:

That's a year's worth of pics in three weeks. I have no idea why that is a hotspot. I do remember finding yote tracks on that little road a few years ago after a snow. I will be punching in a couple of sets there when I get a chance.

Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:02 pm
Profile WWW
Boss Gobbler

Post Re: Finally found the spot?
Good luck! I hope you get them!! :mrgreen:

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:36 am
Profile WWW