View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:38 pm

Off to auction 
King of Spring

Post Off to auction
We were able to get most everything ready and meet the truck to get our fur on the February NAFA auction. Not looking good right now but at least it's there and ready if the buyers show up with money. We like to gamble so we'll take our chances.

Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:16 am
King of Spring

Post Re: Off to auction
Good luck and let us know how you do.

Your eye in the Northeast sky
Coalman's Online Blog http://coalmansblog.com

Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:41 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

good luck and congrats.. man i wish we had that many foxes around here..

Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:32 am
Profile YIM
King of Spring

I got my November fur up for the Feb auction too. It will always be up and down but I'd hate to sit it out and watch it catch fire.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:27 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Sold reds today for a 44 dollar avg., also got 37 for the lone gray. Off by about 10 dollars on avg from last year as a whole but i'm not complaining, sold way to many reds for 12 dollars in the past 20 years. 2 mink and 53 rats up for sale tomorrow.

Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:13 pm
King of Spring

Sounds like you done pretty good. What about your yotes? Will you be sending any more up for the next auction.

I only had a handful up there, mostly coon and possum. All of the possum and much of the coon not being offered this sale.

Average on both reds and greys for me in the low $30's. My best red went heavy section but got bought back.

Sent 2 yotes up 1 not offered....I'm afraid that means section III. The other sold for $12.

Most of my fur going up next auction. I'm hoping everything picks up by then. Some of the yotes and reds I have now look pretty good and I'm hoping they do well. The greys I sold today were top notch and they brought just over half what they would have last year.

If this decline in prices thins out the get rich quick guys then maybe it's not all bad.

Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:44 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Sold both yotes for 60 each to guys who wanted to have them tanned for man caves. Sent up another small bag of mixed fur for the next sale just this past saturday, otter, beaver, rats, coon, fox and possum. Of the 20 reds on this sale only one wasn't offered, section III for sure and one buy back, and that was a nicely graded heavy that i think will sell private treaty before the week is out. Every gray we've ever sent up has always graded out in the top 5 lots or so, for whatever reason where we live and trap must have the best grays in the country.

Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:36 am
King of Spring

Sold all rats for a 11.57 avg., sold the big male mink for 25 and the little female for 26, both graded as selects. Go figure. Heckuva good sale so far.

Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:27 pm
King of Spring

I had one in one of those heavy red lots that were bought back....just sold for $40. I'm disappointed because it was head and shoulders my best red up there and didn't get the best price. I think they screwd the pooch....if you notice on the lotting letter the lots were mixed heavy/semi. I don't think buyers like that. Give them a straight lot. As a result they sold for less than comprable heavies or semis.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:35 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Just checked, we must have had one in that exact same lot, 528. 31 of the 38 coons we sent graded eastern north central and are being offered on this sale. The remaining 7 i assume are all graded eastern semi but all 7 of those are xxl or better so i have hopes they do well once they do offer them down the road.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:38 pm
King of Spring

Well I guess coon was the kind of slow trainwreck everybody saw coming. Those of mine that sold was at about $10. Hope that things advance in May but I won't hold my breath. I've sold enough at $6 average to get bent out of shape.

I'm getting the rest of my stuff together right now for the Nafa truck to go to the next auction.

Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:00 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Sold 20 of the 31 offered coon for a tad over 15 avg. Those were all big coon though, avg will be lucky to stay over 10 if it all sells in May.

Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:37 pm
King of Spring

I would be happy if I could get 15 year after year on coon fur. I got about 15 last year. Just don't get enough size in our section to hit a lot of high dollar coon. The meat makes up for some of it as long as I can move it all. In a normal year I'm lucky to average 10 on the fur. And a few years ago it was all the way down to 6. Can't cover gas at that price.

Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:24 pm
Profile WWW
2 Year Old

Ha that's my dad and uncle

Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:58 pm
Co-Owner/Dog Feeder

Well Wild Bill Id say you have some mighty fine kin folk.

"even after almost a half-century of hunting of the noblest game bird I am going to confess that I am still in the kindergarten; and I doubt if any human being ever acquires a complete education in this high art."
- Archibald Rutledge

Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:07 am