View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:45 am

first red fox.. 
King of Spring

Post first red fox..
hello everyone..i have to tell you guys something. i just don't know whats going on here...the big man has bless me again today.. i check my line this morning and didn't have nothing..went to help my buddy with his and my water line. and he said he has caught 5 reds so far. and i said man, i haven't got none.. i wish we had lots of reds and grays around here..so, i came home and said i am going to put in some more sets. so go over there and go to my first set. and what do you know...... a nice red had just got in my dirt hole set....i am speech less and don't know whats going on here..............thanks, denny

beautiful red fox...

Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:32 pm
Profile YIM
King of Spring

Post Re: first red fox..
That's a very pretty one. We have some around my place that are kind of mangie.

Vic

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!
-Pericles (430 B.C.)

Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:59 am
Boss Gobbler

Very pretty! Congrats!! :smt003

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:44 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

thanks guys..i picked up #2 today.. i forgot my camera

Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:50 pm
Profile YIM
King of Spring

Funny fox story. My bud and I trapped while in high school. I worked the water line for mostly muskrat and he took the woods line for raccoon and fox. We didn't know what we were doing but caught a few. Anyway my bud went to one set and we had a nice gray fox in it. He was about to dispatch the animal when he looked at it and started to take pity on the poor fox. He started to reach down and pet the fox on the head when it lept at him and ripped the glove off his hand and started shredding it. He was startled and punch the fox in the head killing it.

I thought it was all bull until we case cut the hide off of it and you could make out 3 knuckle marks on its skull from the punch. He crushed its skull killing it instantly. He always was a strong dude but that gave me new respect for just how strong.

Killed it with his bare fist. Wow.

Vic

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!
-Pericles (430 B.C.)

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:10 am
King of Spring

wow....don't want to mess with that guy....lol

Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:57 am
Profile YIM
King of Spring

Vic, I believe that is a story that is best left off a message board or PM'ed at least. One that no doubt truthful and far less cruel than nature herself just has power to offend many sensitivities and can only hurt us on a public forum. my2cts

Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:46 am
King of Spring

BD,

If you think it should be pulled ask Freddy to do so. It doesn't matter to me one way or another. This happened in the late 70s. We couldn't afford to carry a rifle.

Vic

-Pericles (430 B.C.)

Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:35 pm