View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:15 am

Trap line ????? 
King of Spring

Post Trap line ?????
I've got 6 leg traps and i'm goin to try an trap a 300yrd long hedge row whats some good advise for maximizing the best use of these traps?? Reason i'm traping this spot is because last couple years the rabbit pop. has dropped an no one hunts foxes or coyote's around here i know it cant be all hawks tearing them up..

Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:37 pm
Profile YIM
King of Spring

Post Re: Trap line ?????
fox's and bobcats and house cats are the worse at catching them....find some sign or paths they are using or may be a game trail....let us know how you come out on the sets..thanks, denny

Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:32 pm
Profile YIM
King of Spring

Post Re: Trap line ?????
What make, size traps you got? Are they new out of the box, old and rusty, freshly treated?

The most important thing I would say is to make sure your traps are properly staked or secured. I learned that lesson when 2 of my first catchs pulled the 18" 3/8 rebar stakes. Lucky for me, they were large coon that both hung up with a couple feet of the trap set. Look around on trapperman there's a lot of good info there. If you are not really interested in trapping and just want to knock back the predators, check out the trapper list on the dgif website for somebody in your area. Some easy baits....for fox, I catch a good # on bacon grease. For cats...pick up a dead skunk off the road, and bury in a half filled hole. All predators are attracted to that.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:18 pm
Profile WWW