View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:41 pm

NAFA February 
King of Spring

Post NAFA February
Lotting letters are up. I don't have much up so I'm not expecting a big pay day.

All of my reds went XL-Lge II flat. Does anybody know what I can expect on those based on last May? I was disappointed because I thought I would get a better grade on those.

My greys graded out good but there's not supposed to be much interest in those.

Only a handful of coons and they mostly went East North Central which is a change because half my coons normally go central.

But they only have a few lots of central and they're almost all 3x-4x. I can't figure that cause most southern coons go central and there are very few coons that big in the south and the ones that are often have better fur. So I'm thinking there is just very little southern fur new up there on this auction. I have always found it worthwhile to ship everything I have at the mid point because the prices are good enought to make it worthwhile shipping twice. But this year I'm done so won't have any fresh stuff on May.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:20 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Post Re: NAFA February
I think those red fox might still push 15-18 dollars. We did a tad better than that last May on similar fox but that fox sale last May i think was a once in a lifetime deal. Red fox is still up but that was off the charts. I wish we had more than 15 to send up for the May sale this year but it just wasn't in the cards. Muskrats on the other hand are still looking good and I wish we had our 47 on this sale. Only thing we have on this sale is one Eastern semi coon left over from last Mays sale. Our fox from my area in MD are always all over the place on grades, 1/3 heavies, 1/3 semi hevi and 1/3 flat. Same as coon, we've had MD coon grade into the canadien lots and the north central lots, can't complain about that though, just odd. Good luck and let us know how you make out. I'll be tuned in to the computer watching it all go down.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:40 am
King of Spring

My flat red fox ended up averaging over $41 :P Hi of $54. Red fox are through the roof.

Top of $31 on yotes for me.

Beaver were really strong....averaging $40 for easterns, only problem for me was I just had a couple of kits up there.

Coon was decent but nothing special. I didn't have many and had a high of $24 and an average around $10.

Just waiting on grey fox and possum.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:06 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

I just came on here to ask you if you were done counting your money yet! :) Those fox prices are out of this world. I've been following it all day even though we have nothing but one coon that sold for 8.50 yesterday. Just hope all these prices stick around until May. And here i thought avging 34 last May was doing something, that's beans compared to what happened today with red fox.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:24 pm
King of Spring

Definately done better than I expected, but not enough to fur up there to quit my day job or anything :lol: Watching the auction is one of my favorite parts of trapping when it's selling good.

grey fox ....I averaged $38+ with a couple at top price of $54.

bigmeat....good luck to you in May. Looks like the price of ranch fur is finally spilling over to some of the wild fur. You just never know from one auction to the next, for sure there will be a lot of new trappers next fall.

The first time I had fur at NAFA was four years ago and coon were unreal. My put up at the time sucked and all my coons were docked a couple sizes and damaged or sdg. I went out and got proper beam, knife and boards, and my put up has been good to go since but the price never got back to that level, or even close...lol

Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:04 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

possums went for 5, 2 & 2

Everything I sent up sold except one coon they marked "may" and didn't offer for some reason.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:19 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Very Nice. We missed that coon bonanza 4 years ago and sold in the country to a local buyer. After that we went to NAFA and have never looked back. 2009 was our first year and the sale was pretty weak but the prices realized at this sale would never be possible with a local buyer. Hitting auction homeruns are a huge bonus. And i agree, watching the sale live is a ton of fun, even when i don't have any fur in the sale.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:42 pm