View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:27 pm

Free Predator hunting on 650 acres 
Longbeard

Post Free Predator hunting on 650 acres
Hi guys,
I'm looking for a couple of good trappers/hunters to come to my 650 acres in Patrick country and wipe out as many coyotes,bobcats,foxes,coons as possible. This will be allowed after turkey season is over. I'm looking for responsible hunters that will respect my land. No other hunting will be allowed any other time of the year. This is just for predators.

If your into kill'in yotes and critters this is the place to have some fun.

Please contact me at sales@celtronics.net

Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:03 am
Poult

Post Re: Free Predator hunting on 650 acres
Just a reminder, only coyote and skunk are open year round. Most trapping/hunting seasons open Oct/Nov and run to Feb/March depending on the species of animal. If you don't want it to interfere with your deer or turkey hunting I recommend that you extend your offer to include Jan-March.

I hunt both turkey and deer on my land so the late Dec-March period is when I do most of my trapping. Besides it is more beneficial to have those predators removed prior to the nesting season. Remember too that if the weather is very cold during the winter, you won't have as much success on racoons as they will tend to spend longer periods in the den. The more time you can give them to trap the more successful they will be.

I'm too far away to do any trapping for you, but I hope my suggesstion was useful.

Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:03 pm
Longbeard

You can trap anytime after dec24th and before bow season. I just want as many yotes dead as possible and other critters that kill turkeys and fawns.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:12 pm
King of Spring

650 acres. That is a generous offer.

While predators are your nemesis where I live it is usually beavers that stimulate offers like this. Since the fur market is some what suppressed and I would like some return for my investment I usually survey the property for an outdoor activity it may present and offer the landowner a trade.

You may find a lot more interest in predator control on your property if you offered a hunting experience. Personally since you are limiting the activities you allow for the skill and knowledge of a predator hunter or trapper I would not consider your offer.

650 acres huh? Sounds like there is room to roam. :D

Your eye in the Northeast sky
Coalman's Online Blog http://coalmansblog.com

Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:28 am
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Coalman you have a very diplomatic way of explaining things from the trapper perspective. It is a whole lot of work to set a line and run it every day, and the price of gas and equipment requires some kind of return for most trappers.

One of the reasons I got interested in it was the number of nests I found every every year destroyed by egg eaters. I'm amazed at the increase in hens and poults on our farm after hammering predators and egg eaters over the last 6 years.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:02 pm
Profile WWW
Longbeard

Well if a trapper could catch and show me where he is actually killing the coytes I'd be more than happy to take them turkey hunting.

It doesn;t have to be trap lines. Bring your .223 and put out a decoy and call them in. I don;t care how they die.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:14 pm
Longbeard

bowkil,

My best friend and I are big predator hunters. We would be more than happy to help you with your problem. Summertime is a good time for hunting coyotes, and winter is even better for fox, bobcat, and coyote. We have had very good success with calling and decoying them in here. We do not trap though. Martinsville is about a hour and a half from where we live, but we would gladly drive that for a hunt, especially if you are willing take us turkey hunting on your place. We have a big problem with coyotes here at home now, and anything that affects our quail,deer, and turkeys needs to be dealt with! :D

Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:28 am
Longbeard

give me a call at work 276-930-1021 x204

Troy

Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:56 am