View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 7:16 pm

First Hunt with E-Caller 
Boss Gobbler

Post First Hunt with E-Caller
My lovely wife bought me a Johnny Stewart PM-4 wireless caller for our anniversary :mrgreen: earlier this week.

I went out for a hunt right after sunrise yestersay morning in the national forest (wanted to get out earlier but have been sick and was hacking too much)

First setup I was about a mile from the truck and on an overgrown clear cut with fresh rabitt and fox sign. 10 minutes into the setup I call in my first dog. A big ol' yello lab :oops: and it's female owner right behind it. 18* outside, a mile from the road and she goes for a walk with fido? :lol:

Second setup was a bust but did find plenty of fox sign in the light snow from the night before. I need to get in there before sunup or right at sunset and try again. I did track one fox a ways who was bleeding from his paw and possibly elsewhere. No idea what happened to him but I followed his track for a long ways and never found him.

Can't wait to get back out and try this caller some more. So far I am very happy with it.

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:00 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Post Re: First Hunt with E-Caller
I wonder if the fox cut his pad on ice.....

Looking forward to some kill pics :lol:

Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:59 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Post Re: First Hunt with E-Caller
TS...that is funny, but not to you I'm sure...just how many ppl have called in A lab....with their owner with them...good job..It's probably a first... :lol:

Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:54 pm
Profile YIM