View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 3:09 am

Trapping Suppliers 
Longbeard

Post Trapping Suppliers
Hey Big Bird and others that trap in the Roanoke area, is there a local place that carries trapping supplies? I bought a few items from Gander Mtn., but they are rather expensive and Sportsmans Warehouse is currently sold out of everything. I hope everyones season goes well I'll keep you all posted on results.

Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:36 pm
King of Spring

Hello criggster - Not exactly local, but you might want to make a trip to Southeastern Outdoors down in Figsboro (which is right outside of Martinsville). Call them and have them send you a catalog as they are a national trapping catalog supply house as well as a regular sporting goods store. 276-638-4698

You might also want to try http://blueridgeoutdoorsupplies.com/catalog/ - Scott Painter just started this company last year. He is running it out of his home near Harrisonburg. Very nice and knowledgeable guy and can get most anything.

Great to hear you are gearing up. Please keep us posted and good luck!

Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:45 pm
Longbeard

Thanks Big Bird. I need to go to Rocky Mount in a week or so and I'll check them out. So far I've only got to set four traps for a few days, and only caught one big boar coon. I don't really have anywhere close by to trap or I would be setting more often as I am currently unemployed.

Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:38 pm
Boss Gobbler

Albert, have you looked at Havens WMA? Some decent areas on the north side.

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:44 pm
Profile WWW
King of Spring

What in particular are you looking for? If traps, what kind? You can occasionally find good deals on used traps on ebay. Got to be careful to compare prices.

I buy virtually all my stuff from:

http://www.fntpost.com/

Great service and their prices can't be beat. They are currently out of griz getrz but those can't be found anywhere.

Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:57 pm
Profile WWW
Longbeard

TScott, I have been wondering about that area, but haven't yet set foot there the four years I have been in the area. I will check it out though! Thanks Neill for the website. I was looking mostly for a few more traps and some lures.

Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:42 am