View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:49 pm

Now I'm ready to go!! 
Longbeard

Post Now I'm ready to go!!
After waiting on my sponsors to get all their stuff to me before I start filming my Eastern predator video. I got the last piece of the puzzle this morning so I'm a go for in the morning to start. This baby shoots it is a Rock River Coyote that I done some changes to I put a different stock on it and changed the forend out so I could mount a light on it for night hunting. It shoots under a 1/2" 5 shot group all day long. It's topped off with a bushnell firefly 3X9X40. To finish it off Jim at Jimsgunsupply.com duracoated it for me in predator camo and even added some coyote tracks to it. I've been holding off and now the wait is over. I'll keep you posted on how its going. I know there are some shadows but I was in a hurry.
[img][img]http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/1822/001ls4.jpg[/img]
Image[/img]
[img][img]http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/1333/002gv0.jpg[/img]
Image[/img]
[img][img]http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/5861/003lb1.jpg[/img]
[URL=http://[/img]

Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:19 pm
Boss Gobbler

Beautiful Rock River! I have been drooling over the coyote carbine since it came out.

Curious, did you not like the feel of the Ace stock? Also what load are you shooting in the carbine?

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:21 pm
Profile WWW
Longbeard

I liked the Ace stock but I like the A2 style as well. I sent the Ace stock off as well so it matches too. I'll use it when it gets colder the foam cheek rest makes it great especially at night when it gets in the single digits. As far as loads I've shot several loads and the great thing is they all shot better than 3/4" five shots. Right now I'm shooting Black Hills Blue box 60gr V-Max. But the best bullet so far was the Black Hills 52gr Match King they were one ragged hole but they will destroy a fox pelt. For coyotes the 60 gr works best I like a little heavier bullet. BTW there is a carbine on Gunbroker right now.

Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:36 pm
Boss Gobbler

Thanks but it will be awhile before I buy another. I am building this one right now....

The upper should be here in a week or two and my buttstock should be here anyday.

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:07 pm
Profile WWW
Jake

Me to, ready to go :D !!!!!! just waiting for deer season to get done here :roll: Heres my DPMS before and after the paint job :D It has 3-9x40 Leupold. I took the flattop mount off added a tri-rail and low Burris extream tactical rings to keep the scope the same height, mounted a laser for night hunting and a 9p Surefire light with a red filter.

Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:11 pm