View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:07 am

A few pics from a Carolina trap line. 
King of Spring

Post A few pics from a Carolina trap line.
This weekend is the May sale for North American Fur Auction in Canada. My North Carolina fur is up for sale there, so prompted by auction mania I will share a few pics from my line. I ran this line on my lunch hour for a couple of weeks back in January . I also did some trapping in VA over the holidays but don’t have pics from that…..that fur was sold at the last auction (except 1 coon in with this bunch). Unfortunately, there’s a lot of red tape for trappers in NC……no fox season, limit on coon, tight trap restrictions, etc. I focused on coon until I got the limit, then put out a couple of predators sets for a couple of nights. I’d like to go for beaver but didn’t find any fresh sign. On the plus side, you can sell the coon meat down here, which brings about $5 a carcass, helps cover gas.

One checks catch:

Coyote track:

Here’s a stepdown coyote set that was trampled by yote everywhere except the pan. With proper guiding on my part I would have had him, lesson learned. One thing good about the sand is you can read your mistakes better.

Bobcat caught a hundred yards from the yote set:

The final catch pic. Had a blast.

A few weeks ago I was cleaning out my freezer and found a coon carcass that got overlooked when I was selling them. I bbq’d it and took it in to work. It was received surprisingly well and wasn’t bad. Think I’ll continue to sell them rather than keep them though.

Mon May 26, 2008 12:40 am
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Great season and great pics Neill. Way to go on the kitty and the otter especially. Hope the auction was good to you. I did okay except for my greys.... Do you still have a job after feeding your co-workers bbq'd coon meat? :lol: Holy crap dude, that's too hardcore for me! LOL.

Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:33 pm
King of Spring

Congrats on a fine season. Your pics show trapping in good favor.
Beautiful job on the otter. When you master skinning and fleshing of otter there is no other critter to hold you back in the fur shed.

My blood temperature rose a little when reading and viewing your pics. It will come back down when the cold of trapping season returns.

Your eye in the Northeast sky
Coalman's Online Blog http://coalmansblog.com

Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:12 am
Profile WWW