View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:47 am

Federal Agency Bans Lead for Depredation Hunting of birds 
Boss Gobbler

Post Federal Agency Bans Lead for Depredation Hunting of birds
Quote:

Citing the need to prevent lead toxicity hazards to wildlife, the Federal Government's primary wildlife management agency, the U.S. Fish and Wildife Service (FWS) has banned the use of lead ammunition for hunting nuisance birds. The decision was published by FWS as a final rulemaking action in the Federal Register.

American Bird Conservancy (ABC), the nation's leading bird conservation organization, expressed support for the decision in a letter sent today to Fish and Wildlife Service Acting Director Rowan W. Gould.

Full article here >>>>>>> http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/story/129 ... b8agk0xq36

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:50 am
Profile WWW
King of Spring

Post Re: Federal Agency Bans Lead for Depredation Hunting of birds
Where is the science to back those statements? I see no sick birds. I find no carcasses when afield. I find no sick or dying or dead buzzards (largest consumers of carrion).

Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:28 am
Poult

Post Re: Federal Agency Bans Lead for Depredation Hunting of birds
Where is the best place to go hunting in or close around san diego? My friend and I want to go hunting but there seems to be no hunting places in San Diego, Califronia. Does anyone know of any places where we can go hunting? We mainly want to go hunting for wild pig and small game, that is about it. Also if the location for hunting could be free or very low in price that would help alot. Thanks and please respond fast because we want to go soon!

Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:29 am