View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:02 pm

Hows it going for yall? 
Jake

Post Hows it going for yall?
Hey guys,
How is yall season going so far? going well for me down here in KY cant wait to get back home and hunt some VA ducks

Nugent replied, "Deer aren't capable of that kind of thinking. All they care about is, 'What am I going to eat next, who am I going to screw next, and can I run fast enough to get away. They are very much like the French."

Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:04 am
King of Spring

Post Re: Hows it going for yall?
Turkeys&lax wrote:
Hey guys,
How is yall season going so far? going well for me down here in KY cant wait to get back home and hunt some VA ducks

Well, if it's waterfowl you're asking about, the answer is "Not so hot." I've yet to kill any at all this year, though I've been on a couple trips where we weren't completely skunked and Max the Dog has put a couple feathers in his mouth . . . but only a couple. A whole lot of staring at empty skies wondering if and when things will pick up this year . . . I've still got faith!! And there are worse ways to spend a morning than sitting in the mud with a quivering, wet dog! :)

Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:09 pm
Jake

lol. Well you know the invite for you and max the dog to come up and hunt is still open. I have got a hot spot that my buddy has been telling me about. :mrgreen:

Nugent replied, "Deer aren't capable of that kind of thinking. All they care about is, 'What am I going to eat next, who am I going to screw next, and can I run fast enough to get away. They are very much like the French."

Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:15 pm
King of Spring

Peacemaker may not have killed any.....but he certainly shot

Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:31 pm
King of Spring

hendup wrote:
Peacemaker may not have killed any.....but he certainly shot

. . . and I wasn't the only one who whiffed that day, punk! :wink:

Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:38 pm
Jake

hahahahahaha. so what do ya say man?

Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:57 pm
Longbeard

I have to agree with Peacemaker, the duck hunting has been slow in my area. I've heard that there are some spots that are smoking hot right now, but I haven't seen any of them. I've scratched out a few birds, including my first banded duck (a greenwing teal hen), but I'm not on a record pace for birds taken. If it's any indication, I killed almost as many ducks in 2 days during the early season in October (8) as I have shot in the 6 days I've hunted since opening day in November (10). We had some cold weather last week and I've started seeing some migrators, but not many larger flocks of mallards that I normally see. I'm figuring that the flights (and shooting) will start to pick up with this cold front coming in. Lows in the 20's for the next week will start icing things over and then it's game on... :D

"Not only did turkeys originate Murphy's Law, they have rewritten several of its postulates. After what they make go wrong has gone wrong, and then gotten worse, they really get down to work and create trouble" - Tom Kelly

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:26 pm
King of Spring

You and PM Classic were my guests peacemaker....I was being polite

Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:31 pm