View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 2:21 am

mud boots 
King of Spring

Post mud boots
I saw an add a while back about some strap on "snowshoe" type mud covers for waders. Supposedly they enable you to walk on nasty mud without sinking. Anybody else seen these? I can't remember the name of them to save my life.

Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:27 pm
Longbeard

Are you talking about mudders? I have seen them in Cabelas. I am not sure how to post the link but you can search mudders at cabelas and they should come up?

Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:42 pm
King of Spring

That's them!! I didn't realize they were so expensive. Thanks for the help.

Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:48 pm
Longbeard

Yeah they are a little pricey, but I guess they would be helpful in the muck.

Have you hunted Lake Anna? I have been trying to find some info on the duck hunting?

Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:07 pm
King of Spring

Haven't been there in a few years but used to hunt there alot. You get a pretty good mix of divers and puddlers, plus lots of geese. Problem is finding somewhere to hunt that's not in front of a house. I know there has been some issues with people burning each others blinds down over the last couple of years but if your in a boat blind you can go wherever you want.

Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:53 pm
Co-Owner/Dog Feeder

Ah yes , mudders....they work ok in stuff that is slick mud and watery mud that comes off cleanly from a rubber or plastic surface..if it is mud the texture of brick clay, then the stuff can tick to the mudders and become heavier than you can believe...I have ued them in a lot of soft stuff i nthe past and there are places where they work great and places where they do not. I t is a somewhat expenxsive experiment to try them out. One point : mif you have a bad knee or have had knee surgery, the angle of the foot/knee that will be created by the mudders can casue the old knee problems to be magnified a LOT..ie, it can really aggreavte the knee becasue the plartform of ground contact has changed extensive;ly and thus a whole new angle of pressure is on the knee.

Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:14 am
King of Spring

I think I'm going to just have to stick to the old "sink and struggle" method. Can't justify the price for a couple pieces of plastic!

Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:15 pm
Poult

ive talked with my grandfather about these and he said they prolly wouldnt work. ive found the best thing is to not put all your weight on one foot and dont stand still in the same place any longer than u absolutely have to. and believe me, i know sticky mud. i sunk up to my waist before.

Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:37 pm
Profile YIM