View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 6:56 pm

new to duck hunting... 
Jake

Post new to duck hunting...
Hey everyone, I'm looking for some advice. I've always hunted deer, turkey, doves, rabbits etc... but I've never been duck hunting. I'd love to get into it though, it seems like a great time. Can anyone recommend a guide in the central VA area that might not mind taking a newbie out? I don't know anything about calling ducks or identifying different ducks, so I figure I better go out with someone who knows what they're doing a few times! Any help is much appreciated! Good luck this season, stay safe...

Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:06 pm
King of Spring

I guide around central Va and on the eastern shore. I'll give you the same discount that I give everyone on this site...free.

Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:41 pm
Jake

I sent you a pm. Thanks in advance for the very generous offer!

Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:01 pm
Poult

Hey hendup! I am also trying to get into duck hunting. I am trying to get the ropes also. I have six acres in gloucester that i used to deer hunt but a beaver has damned it up. So i went duck hunting and shot at a few volunteer mallards and wood ducks. I also am a hunt club member on the eastern shore in onley. Don't know if any honkers are there though. I am trying to learn to call so if you want to hunt or if you don't mind a tag along please let me know. Don't have to shoot just want to watch and learn. Thanks

Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:39 pm
King of Spring

Be happy to take you out....just need to find the time!

Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:03 pm
King of Spring

Hey run...I just sent a pm to centralvahunter about Christmas week. I'll probably have Mon, Wed, and Thur. to hunt if you want to go. Probably morning hunts on the Rappahannock. Just let me know.

Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:25 pm
King of Spring

Would be happy to take you as well....I used to have a guide service as well fro duck and goose huntin....Still hunt 4000+ acres in Fauquier, Loudoun, Orange, and Culpeper for geese and a couple of good duck ponds, rivers.....

Currently guide part time and book for a good friend on Ocrakoke Island, NC ....Will be headed down from Jan 1st to 31st. All the pin tails, brant, red heads, scaulp (black heads), widgeon, Buffs, you want. See up to 5000 pin tails in some days......

Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:48 am
Poult

hendup, I Don't know yet if i have got to work thurs. or friday. How far is your place from hampton about. After deer season if you want i have a place in saluda/gloucester that i saw between 75-100 wood ducks this morning. let me know.

Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:28 pm
Longbeard

Hey guys. Since moving to Va 7 yrs ago I haven't found or met anyone around Martinsville that duck hunts. I used to hunt woodies in a swamp near my house in Nc with my lab. But those days are long gone. I would like to go again. I don;t know how to call, but would like to learn and meet others that hunt around here and within reasonable driving distance. I'm willing to help with spreads, cost of gas, food, cleaning ect.. I just want to hunt and make some good friends. So if you are willing to show me the ropes around here shoot me a line. God bless.

sales@celtronics.net

Troy

Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:16 pm
Poult

any of you boys are always welcome here on the shore. if ur ever on the shore and want to go, shoot me a pm and ill get you with a good guide. some like to run ducks and let dead ones float away and all kinds of stuff.

Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:42 pm
Profile YIM