View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:40 pm

Saturday success 
Longbeard

Post Saturday success
Well......its been awile since i had a chance to post but ive been checking in. Since i got married in June ive been busy around the house trying to get it ready to sell so i can build one next year. Anyway hope everybody understands. I would like to say congrads to all of you that have harvested ducks this early season. Saturday afternoon (after the monsoon) we hunted a small pond were there is some flooded timber. I killed a huge Drake and a Hen wood duck. . Well the Big drake and the hen from Saturday will be going to the taxidermist. I have one wood duck already mounted that i killed last year. He is standing on a peice of driftwood. This mount i am getting done with the hen and the drake will be flying. The drake will be on top kinda banking to the left and the hen will be below doing the same. Anyway now im going to deer hunt......good luck everybody

Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:25 am
Post bout wood ducks
Hey Reed, ever heard of anyone taking a wood duck with a bow? I hunt an area with a rather large ditch running near my deer stand location. I had two pair of wood ducks swim just past me at about 20 yards last night and thought about the shot. Only bad thing was the broad-head I had attached for deer. What type of broad-head would take care of a wood duck without quartering it up for dinner ?

Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:43 pm
King of Spring

1st of all, Congratulations on the nuptials! 2nd, great job on the pair of woodies! Would like to see a pic of those mounts. I am trying to figure out what to do with mine.

Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:38 pm
Post I agree
There are a lot of interesting things, on this thread.

Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:03 pm
King of Spring

Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:03 pm