View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:30 pm

MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND TROUT FISHING TRIP 2014 
King of Spring

Post MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND TROUT FISHING TRIP 2014
Guys, I planned to go fishing on this weekend about 2 weeks ago. Our plans were to spend the weekend in the Alleghany Highland Mountains fishing the rivers. These rivers are known for their quanity and quality of trout in Virginia. I had made plans to go fishing on Friday with my Uncle Richard and we caught 5 nice trout each. It was a great day spent together.

On Saturday, Rick was taking me to one of his favorite areas which is known for some large trout. These rivers run through the mountains and are cool and crystal clear. They offer some quality trout fishing that can't be beat in the state of Virginia.

I stayed with Rick Friday night and we got up at 4:00 AM to begin our day. Once arriving at the river we had a 2 mile walk back in the mountains to get to where we were going to fish. Rick said we would catch some trout but I had no idea of the quality of the trout that we would catch. We discussed this on the walk to our fishing spot. We caught probably 40 trout before 12:00 PM. Rick missed a monster brown which probably weighed about 8 lbs. Rick was using a minnow to fish with and he had a 16 oz drink bottle full of them. LOL He'll tell you the story on the minnows.

I caught this large rainbow with 4 lb line and a ultra light rod and reel. It took about 20 mins to fight him before he showed himself. Rick had come up the creek and grabbed my net off the back of my vest and said let him go where he wants to go and when he's ready I'll net him for you. WOW WHAT A TROUT !!! I caught another big brown and it got away from me. I caught and landed a nice brown shortly after that further down the creek. This is a day that I will always remember spending with my friend Rick. Here are a few pictures of our adventures and the rivers in the area that we fished.

These areas are strickly confidental, they do hold some BIG RIVER MONSTERS.

Thanks for looking.

Brian

Sun May 25, 2014 4:07 pm
King of Spring

Post Re: MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND TROUT FISHING TRIP 2014
Hey Striker!

If you don't mind me asking, is that bridge I bath county! I used to hunt with a buddy of mine years ago in some national forest out there and crossed a bridge that looks identical to that on late morning after an unsuccessful morning chasing gobblers on the other side of the river! The kicker is, we crossed the river barefoot about 50 yards up the rover in the dark to get a gobbling turkey, and never knew the bridge was there! Lol it was cooolllddddd! !

Sun May 25, 2014 11:38 pm
King of Spring

Post Re: MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND TROUT FISHING TRIP 2014
jstchln71 wrote:
Hey Striker!

If you don't mind me asking, is that bridge I bath county! I used to hunt with a buddy of mine years ago in some national forest out there and crossed a bridge that looks identical to that on late morning after an unsuccessful morning chasing gobblers on the other side of the river! The kicker is, we crossed the river barefoot about 50 yards up the rover in the dark to get a gobbling turkey, and never knew the bridge was there! Lol it was cooolllddddd! !

That bridge is in Goshen on the Maury River ! :smt023

Mon May 26, 2014 10:27 am