View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:53 pm

First trip of 2010 
Longbeard

Post First trip of 2010
I made this post on a fishing site so I just copied and pasted here for
Well my first trip of 2010 and first since Oct. was alot of fun. I was up and on the road at 4:30am. 4 1/2hrs later I meet Jeff Little at an un named river/creek in VA. The plan was for me to pick up a kayak from Jeff and maybe fish together. Something came up and Jeff was unable to fish but he gave me some tips and headed me in the right direction. We say our goodbyes and to the river I go.

On my drag to the river I slipped and fell and broke one of my jig rods. It was my first rod that I bought in 07. I dont fish with it much anymore but still hated it broke.

I finally was on the river and started throwing a 1/8th ounce hair jig and after a few cast had my first fish on the year on.
10" spotted bass
I hung around and caught a few more 10-12" spotted bass before I paddled up river for some deeper water. Several fish came to the boat with the average 14-15" I think they were all spotted bass. My largest bass was a 16.25"er that hit a jig and pig dragged slowly back to the yak.
16.25"

I caught a bunch of fish and all the fish were caught on senko and jigs. You would have thought it was summer time. The fish were everywhere and hungry! If my feet had not gotten cold its hard to tell how many fish I would have caught. It was a great day and what a start to 2010.

Tony

Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:26 pm
Longbeard

Post Re: First trip of 2010
I'm dying to go, but this cold weather keeps me indoors. Congrats on getting to go and catching some fish. Hard to believe they were hungry with this kinda weather.

Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:29 am
Poult

Hey Tony,

Good to see your getting out there! I got out to a local pond yesterday caught a pretty good one 5lbs or so. Got a good pic but Im on my girlfriends computer and not sure how to shrink file size. When we hittin the turkey woods/ New River smallies?

Kevin

Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:46 pm
Poult

Ok here goes...

Attachments:
get-attachment.aspx.jpeg
get-attachment.aspx.jpeg [ 114.37 KiB | Viewed 2094 times ]
Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:52 pm